Doyle On Megan's Break-Out Game | The Boneyard

Doyle On Megan's Break-Out Game

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
“It was kind of crazy,” Walker said.”I think coming off the bench kind of helped, because I could sit back and see everything and know what’s going on and know what we need to do in the game. When I came in the game, I was kind of locked in and focused on the task at hand.”

“It just came out of nowhere because she has been struggling in practice,” Auriemma said. “She wants to be really good. And it’s killing her that she couldn’t contribute. She was really upset about it. I’m so happy for her today. I really, really am.”

UConn Freshman Megan Walker Earning Trust, Playing Time

Last edited by a moderator:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great stuff as always! Walker is going to be special. I'm going to totally enjoy the ride of watching her blossom and become the greatest version of her self that she can be over the next 4 years!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Great article. In particular, it answers a question I raised earlier regarding what prompted Geno to react so dismissively to Megan during the post game presser.

"Against UCLA, Walker battled for rebounds and loose balls. Auriemma still chided her for having as many fouls as rebounds (three), although she responded by saying she got her hands on many other balls. Auriemma, whispering to her during the postgame press conference, waved his hands and shook his head. He wasn’t looking for an excuse, he later said."

And for those who may think Geno is unfeeling regarding the tribulations of his struggling players

“It just came out of nowhere because she has been struggling in practice,” Auriemma said. “She wants to be really good. And it’s killing her that she couldn’t contribute. She was really upset about it. I’m so happy for her today. I really, really am.”

Two really's means it is true. :D:D

Reaction Score
When has Geno and a star of potential star and not taken a jab at them at some point? It’s all part of his master plan. When the leave the program they never really leave and often (almost always) praise him for their success.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom