Downfall of Goodman | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Downfall of Goodman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was confused by his question to be honest, I never said degen sent any "lawyer up" tweets at Dauster.
Why is he a tool? It was triggering for Rob Dauster that his name was mentioned when Goodman told Degen he'll be getting sued?

Dauster and Goodman are business partners it seems pretty logical to ask if his business partner is his source.

They really need to get over themselves. The doc had nothing to do with them and them being triggered by it isn't Degen's fault. College hoops/Big East basketball is for everyone, the gatekeeping is just weird.

Reaction Score
The entire situation is everything thats wrong with modern society. Aspiring professional troll uses his trolling to gain clout and in the process exposes another professional troll
Aspiring professional troll?

How about aspiring filmmaker?

Reaction Score
I don't think he's a tool. He's the most talented person on Big East Twitter, and and should have been hired by the league a while ago (you can kiss that goodbye now).

That said, the last 15-20 minutes of that documentary should not have seen the light of day, and he may wind up being the biggest beneficiary of it. If that's what you mean by not wanting to paint him as a sympathetic figure, then I agree.

(I also thought Goodman's DM was more sloppy wording than threatening).
If the Big East hired him, Val should get fired immediately.

Reaction Score
I don't know, I'm not the one who called him an aspiring professional troll.
It was rhetorical. The kid has had a troll Twitter account longer than he had the documentary. Calling him an aspiring film maker is like calling Hannibal Lecter an aspiring chef. It leaves some important bits out. Also reading through some of the screenshots and tweets I can see, I don't think he's a 20 year old kid like some are claiming. He seems to be mid-late 20s at least.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
ok, thanks. Not for nothing, but I don't think you can sue anyone into jail.

Sound like it's the 2024 version of "don't pick a fight with anyone who buys ink by the barrel."

And I'm not even sure who is buying the most ink.

They might all be shooting ink which makes this I can tread water longer than you can piss fight.

Reaction Score
Yea I’m not jumping on the hate train. So instead of hating, why not just smile at a Yarder’s past description of Goodmans face. can’t recall who said its ”LIKE A CATCHERS MITT WITH A MOUTH”… LOL
I didnt say that, but said a few other things here. :)

Reaction Score
It was rhetorical. The kid has had a troll Twitter account longer than he had the documentary. Calling him an aspiring film maker is like calling Hannibal Lecter an aspiring chef. It leaves some important bits out. Also reading through some of the screenshots and tweets I can see, I don't think he's a 20 year old kid like some are claiming. He seems to be mid-late 20s at least.
That reference somehow made sense in your head.

He's not a kid, he's a DePaul grad and studied film. He's a filmmaker hobbyist who works 8-5. He made this doc and was planning on making one for every other program in the Big East.

Reaction Score
Now they Gottlieb up there fanning the flames. He went after PC, UConn and St. John's fans as examples of the worst fans. He thinks the people who made the video are from Providence apparently.

I'm guess DePaul fans are likely not from Providence.
Our Fans can be brutal. Hunter Dickinson was actually the first person on Field of 68 to say Uconn fans are the worse lol. I don't even think he's ever played in CT.

Reaction Score
That reference somehow made sense in your head.

He's not a kid, he's a DePaul grad and studied film. He's a filmmaker hobbyist who works 8-5. He made this doc and was planning on making one for every other program in the Big East.
That can be true and it can also be true that he's an Internet troll. How many filmmakers don't want their name attached to their films? If you don't want your name attached then why not?

Reaction Score
Our Fans can be brutal. Hunter Dickinson was actually the first person on Field of 68 to say Uconn fans are the worse lol. I don't even think he's ever played in CT.

I could be misremembering but I recall him giving our fan base props for our travel before calling the Illini fan base the worst.

Edit: ok I misremembered

Reaction Score
He did know, though. That's why he asked him who his source was - he wanted to know who told Goodman that he was going to be sued. The joke about Dauster is because Dauster told him to lawyer up. I actually see that as more of a threat than Goodman.

And in reality the kid could get sued for using trademarked material and the Big East name. He probably won't, it'll just be perpetually DMCA'd, but you can't just use other people's property or name - especially if it's being monetized.
You can do it for a critical expose. It's allowed. It's got to have a critique though.

You make a doc called, "Tesla Exposed!" It's fair game.

Now, if you're trying to pawn off your company as a Big East company, that's another story.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Aspiring professional troll?

How about aspiring filmmaker?

That can be true and it can also be true that he's an Internet troll. How many filmmakers don't want their name attached to their films? If you don't want your name attached then why not?

Over time, I've come to appreciate the non-mutually exclusive, non-binary "both/and" label more and more.

I don't think it's clear that BDD comes down so strongly enough on one side or the other to close the options. He may not even know.

I'm untroubled by the ambiguity, though mindful that a number of first-impression anti-heroes Iliked have turned out to be jerks.

As opening salvos go, I liked the teaser, the trailer, and a majority of the finished product. He inspired me to login to X, and he made me laugh.

He's rude & impudent, but I've barely dipped my toes into Big East, UConn, or CBB X, so my knowledge base for comparative purposes is limited. In that sense, it's like my appreciation for a random Reddit thread that cascades into silliness, snark, and one-upsmanship that convulses me with laughter while striking people one-half to one-third my age as no big deal.

All of it is the product of a world that's long past being arguably considered 'mine.' I can't keep up, and it'd be foolish to either try or to let it bother me.

In consolation and with deepest pleasure, I opt for marveling at a 2-year old who is developing verbal & non-verbal communication skills on a daily basis. We'll both be blessed & fortunate if I can have a good run with her that lasts until she's a young teen developing a life of her own that I'll never see. It's all, "Savor your moments" stuff.

For certain, nobody wants to hear me say that standards of discourse have declined, values have degraded, the world's gone to hell in handbasket, and clouds anger me to the point of yelling, even (or especially) if it's true.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Why is he a tool? It was triggering for Rob Dauster that his name was mentioned when Goodman told Degen he'll be getting sued?

Dauster and Goodman are business partners it seems pretty logical to ask if his business partner is his source.

They really need to get over themselves. The doc had nothing to do with them and them being triggered by it isn't Degen's fault. College hoops/Big East basketball is for everyone, the gatekeeping is just weird.

He's a tool because he's a self-proclaimed s#!tposter that produced a doc under the Big East's name that talked about rumors that no legitimate news outlet would touch. You don't think that's a coincidence? You really think he didn't listen to that one Providence fan call Cooley Hitler and know exactly what he was doing? And if there was any doubt he's a loser he's running around kissing Portnoy's ass begging for a job.

Goodman is and has always been an ass, but this DePaul kid (I can't even say his name because he released the doc anonymously!) isn't great either.

Reaction Score
He's a tool because he's a self-proclaimed s#!tposter that produced a doc under the Big East's name that talked about rumors that no legitimate news outlet would touch. You don't think that's a coincidence? You really think he didn't listen to that one Providence fan call Cooley Hitler and know exactly what he was doing? And if there was any doubt he's a loser he's running around kissing Portnoy's ass begging for a job.

Goodman is and has always been an ass, but this DePaul kid (I can't even say his name because he released the doc anonymously!) isn't great either.
He's not a legitimate news outlet and doesn't work for a legitimate news outlet. He made a documentary by himself with no money, it obviously wasn't a Big East production.

What coincidence?

It makes him a loser that he would want to parlay this into a job with a major digital media sports company? That makes no sense. The guy is clearly a huge sports fan and is clearly into film/media.

Reaction Score
Mostly agree, I do think "when I have time I'm going to find out who you are" is problematic. Really, though, why engage with the guy at all?
Meh! Dauster is alright dont let him fool you hes a bit petty himself. I made a comment on here nothing crazy and he felt the need to respond to it. Lol! Like bro its not that serious. Not everyone is going to agree with you. I think hes alright i think he just over compensates at times to seem unbiased. I like Fanta hes a good egg but Goodman and Gottlieb are clowns. Not a fan of Hummel either. Like dude get back to me when Purdue gets out of the first round or actually wins a title. I like Hansbourough too. He seems to be a straight shooter but definitely backs his ACC teams which im ok with.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm sorry, but where is Goodman falling from again? Can't be very far. I mean, is it possible to fall of a mole hill?

As for Doug-Gott-Nothing, he rivals Seth Davis for being the biggest idiot and least knowledgeable talking head in college basketball. I haven't heard from Gott-Nothing in over a decade, last time I saw Seth he was hugging the brackets on Selection Sunday because he thought Iona was going to beat UConn.

Maybe I should start listening to them. Might be the easiest way to make money come tournament time.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He's not a legitimate news outlet and doesn't work for a legitimate news outlet. He made a documentary by himself with no money, it obviously wasn't a Big East production.

What coincidence?

It makes him a loser that he would want to parlay this into a job with a major digital media sports company? That makes no sense. The guy is clearly a huge sports fan and is clearly into film/media.

The 'coincidence' is that this guy regularly trolls people on Twitter, and this documentary clearly ruffled some feathers with the content and shadiness of using the Big East logo in the production. Trolls gonna troll. You can say all you want that people would know that this isn't an official league sanctioned documentary if they paid attention, but the casual fan will just see the documentary name, see the Big East logo and assume.

And yes, Portnoy is a pretty terrible human being, so anyone actively courting the guy loses credibility in my book.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
The 'coincidence' is that this guy regularly trolls people on Twitter, and this documentary clearly ruffled some feathers with the content and shadiness of using the Big East logo in the production. Trolls gonna troll. You can say all you want that people would know that this isn't an official league sanctioned documentary if they paid attention, but the casual fan will just see the documentary name, see the Big East logo and assume.

And yes, Portnoy is a pretty terrible human being, so anyone actively courting the guy loses credibility in my book.

So, ELI5: What is Portnoy's Complaint?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Goodman also asked Hurley one year if his dad beat them as kids.

Also have Rothstein saying he Carey’s water for college basketball coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom