Down to 7 again? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Down to 7 again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudblood

Incorrigible optimist
Reaction Score
Can you attribute this protocol please .....
The protocols used to be pretty much ad-hoc until about ten years or so when the CDC got involved and established some consensus guidelines (which are intentionally a bit vague) and then various hospitals used those to create protocols that are more detailed and often tailored for specific sports - keep in mind that dealing with concussion is different in different contact sports, since some sports have unique risks related to head trauma (e.g. diving, boxing, football).

I am attaching to this post an example of such basketball-specific protocol that is publicly available.

Medical teams for high-end college/professional squads usually adjust it based on the availability of local facility, staffing, expertise, monitoring capabilities, etc. But they are all minor variations, the one I included here is a good proxy for most.
pre-print_versions_for_distribution_basketball_card_bilingual_november_3_2015.png

Reaction Score
What is with the drama? She is either playing or she’s not but give in update with the other players at least.

Reaction Score
Well given the timeline for concussions, seems Ayanna could be back for this weekend. Based on participating in warm ups. That’s welcome news.

Reaction Score
So tonight we start Nika, Lou, Aubrey, Aaliyah, and Dorka with Ines and Amari off the bench. This is a tough part of the schedule to be asking starters to play heavy minutes with 4 games in 8 days.

Reaction Score
Hoping that it is as simple as Azzi had an MRI just to be sure, and because the team left yesterday there was no point in her travelling alone today to get there to not play. Guess we will hear more from Geno after the game tonight. Azzi didnt seem too concerned sitting on the bench and she would know her knees better than anyone after the injuries she has had.

Reaction Score
I’m guessing that they are going to be extra extra extra cautious with Azzi given her injury history. The “they” is all interested parties - the coaching staff, Azzi and her family. Hopefully we see her again soon, but not sure I would count on it

Reaction Score
I’ll probably be booted out of the Boneyard for this, but I think it is time to shut Azzi down for the rest of the year. She has far too bright of a future to risk playing if her knee is anything but 100%.

Reaction Score
Hoping that it is as simple as Azzi had an MRI just to be sure, and because the team left yesterday there was no point in her travelling alone today to get there to not play. Guess we will hear more from Geno after the game tonight. Azzi didnt seem too concerned sitting on the bench and she would know her knees better than anyone after the injuries she has had.
Azzi seemed quite concerned in the bench. She was barely getting up with the rest of the injured reserves to cheer as kept her knee immobilized.

Reaction Score
Unpopular opinion but they’ve got to cancel the Tenn and South Carolina games. There is no benefit to the team, and they need the rest. It’s all about conference wins now. Losses to each would only benefit those teams. Especially Tenn, given their roller coaster year

Reaction Score
Unpopular opinion but they’ve got to cancel the Tenn and South Carolina games. There is no benefit to the team, and they need the rest. It’s all about conference wins now. Losses to each would only benefit those teams. Especially Tenn, given their roller coaster year
Why? Tennessee is more than a week away and South Carolina isn't even on the radar yet. There's a chance Azzi, Caroline, and Ayanna are back by the next game which is Saturday against Butler which will be a nice tune up game before DePaul and Tennessee next week.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
What answer would you get if you asked the players? You don't roll over and quit when things get tough.

Reaction Score
Azzi seemed quite concerned in the bench. She was barely getting up with the rest of the injured reserves to cheer as kept her knee immobilized.
She gave her parents thumbs up and was laughing with Paige on the bench from what I saw. She had ice on her knee but wasn't in a brace. Maybe I am just being overly optimistic

Reaction Score
We don't even know the extent of Azzi's injury yet. She didn't need assistance walking, which is a good sign. Only a matter of time before Patterson and Ducharme are back. Let's just relax and get through one game at a game before we get too doom and gloom.

1674000256188.gif

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Caroline and Ayanna are both questions as well; I'm really worried about Caroline -- she was finally back and playing pretty well. The load Lou is having to carry has got to be wearing as well. She has certainly been a "money" portal get though. I shudder to think of where we'd be...
I don't know what's up with Caroline and Ayanna. I watched the games Caroline was supposedly injured and it wasn't that bad at all a glancing blow. Concussion protocol for 4 games sounds crazy for a noncontact sport. And Ayanna her injury is still a mystery. I think Geno and the staff are being way too cautious.

Reaction Score
I don't know what's up with Caroline and Ayanna. I watched the games Caroline was supposedly injured and it wasn't that bad at all a glancing blow. Concussion protocol for 4 games sounds crazy for a noncontact sport. And Ayanna her injury is still a mystery. I think Geno and the staff are being way too cautious.
Ayanna only has one eye. I'd be pretty damn cautious with her too.

Reaction Score
So tonight we start Nika, Lou, Aubrey, Aaliyah, and Dorka with Ines and Amari off the bench. This is a tough part of the schedule to be asking starters to play heavy minutes with 4 games in 8 days.
May need to manage this team the rest of the way as if Azzi and Caroline are not coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom