Down Memory Lane with Gabby Williams | The Boneyard

Down Memory Lane with Gabby Williams

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
They need to show this to the current players !! Make them watch this aggressiveness !
Tower, I agree with this thought a 1000%!! Make them watch how it's done. Give them a point of reference. I'd like to see our team play with more aggressiveness, urgency and attention to detail. With Ayanna Patterson having similar leaping ability, maybe watching clips of Gabby's highlights will give her something to shoot for. It couldn't hurt.

Last edited:

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Who the heII is Cabby Williams? ;)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I agree with Geno, that if you have never seen Gabby play in person you are missing something. I saw her in Reno against Nevada-Reno (UNR) on 11/28/17. She was a one women wrecking ball against UNR and I enjoyed every second of watching her and the rest of the Huskies destroy them. UNR gave them a game but they couldn't overcome Gabby and Kia. It would have been much worse if KLS had been able to play.

Reaction Score
I agree with Geno, that if you have never seen Gabby play in person you are missing something. I saw her in Reno against Nevada-Reno (UNR) on 11/28/17. She was a one women wrecking ball against UNR and I enjoyed every second of watching her and the rest of the Huskies destroy them. UNR gave them a game but they couldn't overcome Gabby and Kia. It would have been much worse if KLS had been able to play.

She was blessed with super quick hands and reaction times, sprinter speed, great elevation of course, great natural intensity, and boy, could she slash through the lane for those layups...!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Gabby made plays that no one other than maybe Maya made. Other than the Texas game, look at the scores! Leading Stanford by 30, South Carolina by 20, DePaul and South Florida by 20-30. Who else misses Gabby?
Well yeah, but competition at the top is generally better and deeper. I’m not sure if Gabby would’ve made a winning difference against SC this year. Our team did kinda make it to the final and lost games against some decent teams while missing key pieces. I loved Gabby, but she also had some pretty good teammates.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom