Down goes Orgeon | The Boneyard

Down goes Orgeon

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Tremendous win for ASU. Oregon lost to an unranked team. At least UCONN lost to a top 5'ish team. I'm guessing that pushes UCONN back up to a 1 seed and Oregon to a 2 seed. Of course that changes daily and there's tons of basketball left to be played. I have a feeling the Pac-12 is going to be bloodbath. UCONN, SC and Baylor might all be the beneficiaries and might end up 1 seeds with only 1 team from the Pac-12 as the other 1 seed.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I don't understand what you're asking? The game was between Oregon and Arizona State.
Oregon State is playing Arizona, and they haven't won yet. No win, no #1.

Reaction Score
The PAC-12, as I have argued, is good top to bottom, and conference champion will have at least two conference losses. UCLA struggled early against Utah before winning big.

Last edited:

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
Not sure why everyone has been so high on Oregon. They have yet to beat a currently ranked team this year. Oregon State beat DePaul, and if they beat Arizona tonight (if!) they'll have beaten another.
Based on performance I'd rank UCLA, Oregon State, Stanford, and maybe even Arizona above Oregon.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Tremendous win for ASU. Oregon lost to an unranked team. At least UCONN lost to a top 5'ish team. I'm guessing that pushes UCONN back up to a 1 seed and Oregon to a 2 seed. Of course that changes daily and there's tons of basketball left to be played. I have a feeling the Pac-12 is going to be bloodbath. UCONN, SC and Baylor might all be the beneficiaries and might end up 1 seeds with only 1 team from the Pac-12 as the other 1 seed.
Ive been saying this all fall. I predict one 1 seed and two 2 seeds. No way the auto bid goes to a team with fewer than 2 losses, and everyone else mathematically has to have at least 3.

Reaction Score
Not sure why everyone has been so high on Oregon. They have yet to beat a currently ranked team this year. Oregon State beat DePaul, and if they beat Arizona tonight (if!) they'll have beaten another.
Based on performance I'd rank UCLA, Oregon State, Stanford, and maybe even Arizona above Oregon.

probably because of their star players who have more name recognition then the players on Oregon State..............

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
Oregon State hangs on and wins by 2. Now they have to go to Arizona State and play on Sunday. Then, later this month, they have a game with Stanford and a home and home with Oregon.

Reaction Score
I watched the whole game and it was no fluke. Shows how much the rankings are just guesswork. There's no way ASU should be unranked.

Reaction Score
Again, I repeat, UConn is still a FF team. 4th quarter inconsistency notwithstanding.

Are they though if Stanford can hammer Cal by 30+, when UConn can't do the same on their home floor?

I'd love to put Tara in Geno's region again. It'd be a fun, fun game.
I watched the whole game and it was no fluke. Shows how much the rankings are just guesswork. There's no way ASU should be unranked.

ASU is an interesting team, they've lost to Purdue and Minnesota, so this was their first win of real substance this season. I think they definitely played one of their better games tonight.

Reaction Score
You can only say that if you haven’t watched much PAC-12 basketball. Oregon State is very good but not that good. Colorado gave Oregon State all they could handle, winning 1st and third quarters. And Oregon State beat Arizona by 2 with 1.4 seconds on clock. It is just a tough, tough conference. As young as Colorado is, I’d pick them second to UConn in AAC—and given the way they played Oregon State on the road and dismantled USC at home tonight behind their sensational freshman point guard, they might give UConn a close game at home. Put this year’s UConn team in this year’s PAC-12, they might finish third or fourth. And I am a BIG UConn fan.

Reaction Score
The announcer said that they ( Arizona St ) picked up one of their best players late in the season. That may account for some of their earlier difficulties.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
People are high on Oregon because:

1. They beat Team USA (though the missing players included Tina, Griner, Maya, Stewie, Angel, and EDD).

2. They have the presumptive NPOY in Sabrina (NCAA record holder in triple-doubles).

3. They have 3 top-8 players, Ionescu, Hebard, and Sabally.

People were talking about them as if they are a legendary team, but they underperformed at least twice and have 2 regular season losses already. They have a very nice team, possibly the best lineup, but they could lose 5 games this season.

Reaction Score
Did ASU have a player on the floor that would break the starting lineup at UO? Certainly not over Ionescu, Hebard, Sabally and Moore. Maybe Ryan over Boley?

Reaction Score
People are high on Oregon because:

1. They beat Team USA (though the missing players included Tina, Griner, Maya, Stewie, Angel, and EDD).

2. They have the presumptive NPOY in Sabrina (NCAA record holder in triple-doubles).

3. They have 3 top-8 players, Ionescu, Hebard, and Sabally.

People were talking about them as if they are a legendary team, but they underperformed at least twice and have 2 regular season losses already. They have a very nice team, possibly the best lineup, but they could lose 5 games this season.
...and (speaking for myself)

4. They saw Oregon totally dismantle & dominate then-undefeated Colorado the other day, and look scary good doing it.

5. They watched Sabrina & Ruthie give, “This is hopefully how you’ll play together when you’re seniors” lessons to Liv & Squeaks when they all played together on that 3X3 team last summer.

I was at that game last night and for the first 3 minutes Hebard established an absolute dominance in the post, Sabrina was Sabrina, and it looked like they were off to a Colorado-like rout. Then ASU didn’t give up, CTT had a legit game plan, Sabally wasn’t Sabally, Minyon Moore does nothing, Boley goes 0-5 from 3, and there you go.

Everybody’s human this year.

Last edited:

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Did ASU have a player on the floor that would break the starting lineup at UO? Certainly not over Ionescu, Hebard, Sabally and Moore. Maybe Ryan over Boley?
No, but ASU has CTT, who plainly out coached Graves last night, especially down the stretch. I like Graves a ton, but his in game coaching choices (and often, seemingly, non choices) baffle me in close games.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Being ranked #1 may be a little like a hot potato this year in WBB. Should OSU beat ASU on Sunday, I suspect that Scott Rueck will have mixed emotions about ascending to the top spot in the polls. If OSU loses that game, I think Baylor is the new #1.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
I honestly thought you meant the football championship game came earlier and Orgeron lost.

Reaction Score
...and (speaking for myself)

4. They saw Oregon totally dismantle & dominate then-undefeated Colorado the other day, and look scary good doing it.

5. They watched Sabrina & Ruthie give, “This is hopefully how you’ll play together when you’re seniors” lessons to Liv & Squeaks when they all played together on that 3X3 team last summer.

I was at that game last night and for the first 3 minutes Hebert established an absolute dominance in the post, Sabrina was Sabrina, and it looked like they were off to a Colorado-like rout. Then ASU didn’t give up, CTT had a legit game plan, Sabally wasn’t Sabally, Minyon Moore does nothing, Boley goes 0-5 from 3, and there you go.

Everybody’s human this year.
And it turns out the Colorado rout was just a young team not having right mind set, as they came back two days later and gave Oregon State a major scare, at times humiliating 3rd ranked team, winning first and third quarters, losing second half by only 2 points. This after CU team had a “talk” with her team. Still, Oregon played one of its best games, as Kelly Graves beat his old point guard and assistant J.R. Payne.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom