Down goes Nova to Temple 64-66 | The Boneyard

Down goes Nova to Temple 64-66

Reaction Score
If Whitmore is as good as people think, they'll be fine. But there's an opening at the top for sure. Hurley better have our guys licking their chops.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, I believe there is a clear favorite.
I don’t know, the team that has dominated the conference lost to Temple and is replacing an all-time great college coach. I think we’re allowed to be optimistic and entertain the possibility that the team we all presumably root for could make some noise. If not, what are we all doing?

Reaction Score
The clear favorite is UConn

I think Creighton is the favorite and we are 2. Xavier is overhyped. Sean Miller was a crap schematic coach who recruited his behind off and failed in every big moment. Sure, let’s give Xavier the benefit of the doubt before they even load up. I think Nova is .

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Gr8 job Owls. Storm that court, twice. F the Mildcats.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Nova got a big time brand name boost that was never going to age well. If any other team loses a HOF coach and a perennial player of the year, the media is writing their obituary before a game is played but the residual charm left over from Wright kept any of the pundits from dropping them too far.

Moore is a great player but to expect anything approaching full health from a guy coming off an Achilles is insanity. I imagine he will be on a pitch count when he returns if not the whole season. Combine that with Whitmore’s thumb injury,a roster that isn’t terribly deep by design, and you’re looking at a team that I think will be right around the 5/6 spot in the league if everything breaks right. If either Moore or Whitmore hit a snag in their return or they run into any further injury issues, they very well could miss the tournament all together.

Reaction Score
Nova will win some big games on muscle memory. But they will not be consistently excellent night after night.

Reaction Score
They still back down their guards for 25 seconds a lot. I root for the conference but they’re tough to pull for, a lot of flopping like on the last play.

longino low key pretty nice Every time I see him.

Reaction Score
Oregon lost to UC Irvine last night and OK St lost to Southern Illinois earlier in the week. On top of the Nova loss, not great for our KenPom and NET

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I think Creighton is the favorite and we are 2. Xavier is overhyped. Sean Miller was a crap schematic coach who recruited his behind off and failed in every big moment. Sure, let’s give Xavier the benefit of the doubt before they even load up. I think Nova is .
I watched first half of X game last night. They looked pretty sharp offensively running good stuff with purpose and speed . Boum is a good pickup for them. Their D looked a bit shoddy but they can score and have some nice pieces in nunge and Fremantle . I don’t know about overhyped because the hype is really only somewhere 2-4 in league predictions. I think they will be that.

Creighton is a deserving favorite right now. nova, UConn and X , are right there. Huskies I think have highest ceiling though. We will know a lot more with AJ and Hawkins healthy.

Reaction Score
The clear favorite is UConn
I love us but I have to see how we do especially our guards against tougher competition. Guards made me a lil nervous with the shooting against BU and SB

Reaction Score
Buffalo is getting curb stomped by James Madison.

But Stonehill is well outpacing their line against Army.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom