Down goes Houston | The Boneyard

Down goes Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So, wait, when you get a higher seed it means you get to play a team that isn’t as good? This is helpful information to know.

Reaction Score
#1 seed means a lot in some years. For certain it means you get the team perceived as the weakest #2. Also, you're matched with the 4th best 1 seed, rather than the 2nd or 3rd best.
Agreed. This year this actually matters given the large gap between the top three and the 4th 1 seed. I get it's unlikely we all make it, but wouldn't want to face both Purdue and Houston in FF.

Reaction Score
#1 seed means a lot in some years. For certain it means you get the team perceived as the weakest #2. Also, you're matched with the 4th best 1 seed, rather than the 2nd or 3rd best.
The weakest 1 seed is valid, but we're not guaranteed to get the weakest 2 seed. I believe the only guarantee is not getting the strongest 2, but after that it's geographic preference

Reaction Score
41 points in a conference tournament final is just gross. Can you imagine the meltdown on here if we lost to a hypothetically fully healthy Marquette 69-41? It would be out of control. I just can't see Houston winning it all, let alone getting to the F4.

Reaction Score
Don't get your hopes up on overall #1. The committee slotted the #1'seeds on like Thursday. There's a pretty good chance that Saturday night is too late for them to want to cause ripples through the rest of the bracket.

Reaction Score
Don't get your hopes up on overall #1. The committee slotted the #1'seeds on like Thursday. There's a pretty good chance that Saturday night is too late for them to want to cause ripples through the rest of the bracket.
You think they don’t take into account games over this weekend? I would think they have to. The entire bracket changed with some of the bid stealers.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Looks like overall #1 1 seed for the Huskies. Not that I care much about that.
I like our home whites. So, it works for me.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How does reshuffling the order of the one seeds cause ripple effects through the whole bracket?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You can take the team out of the AAC... But you can't take the AAC out of the team.

pj

Reaction Score
Agreed. This year this actually matters given the large gap between the top three and the 4th 1 seed. I get it's unlikely we all make it, but wouldn't want to face both Purdue and Houston in FF.

I don't know, Houston has had injuries and as we saw against Iowa State isn't the same team that was so dominant for most of the season. Purdue also seems limited and unlikely to be as successful outside the Big Ten. Purdue's early season wins against Xavier, Gonzaga, Tennessee, Marquette, Alabama, and Arizona are impressive, but Purdue benefited from a free throw shooting disparity of 21-6 vs Xavier, 16-8 vs Gonzaga, 48-30 vs Tennessee, 15-11 vs Marquette, 28-14 against Alabama, and 19-16 against Arizona. I don't know that officials will give them such free throw disparities in the NCAA tourney.

Reaction Score
How does reshuffling the order of the one seeds cause ripple effects through the whole bracket?
I get lost in all scenarios but it could theoretically change the regions since the #1 seed can't be with the top 2 seed. So if Tennessee was the top 2 seed and was with UConn, it's not as simple as just moving UConn up to the overall #1.

Tennessee would have to move regions, which could theoretically change the 3 seeds since Kentucky and Auburn can't be top 4 in that region. And even the domino effect where once Tennessee moves they can't play lower SEC teams in the early rounds

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
At mid level seeds I can see this but for the overall 1, they merely need to identify whatever school they see as the #1 and then, if neccessary, align one of the Dayton games.

If we were a one seed in the east as #3 overall on Thursday, who they put in our bracket seeds three through twelve very likely would only move due to what they did since Thursday, not where we landed. Additionally, whoever would be seeded 16 shouln't have any conflicts with middle seeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom