Down Goes Boise | The Boneyard

Down Goes Boise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
TCU had nothing to lose, and they could ruin BSU's season. Why not go for the jugular.

Boise has all he reasons they need for joining the Big East/AQ conference. Two seasons in a row where a missed FG takes em out of contention for a BCS bowl. Hard to be perfect every season.

Reaction Score
Does Houston now climb high enough over the next 3 weeks to earn a BCS bowl appearance?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Does Houston now climb high enough over the next 3 weeks to earn a BCS bowl appearance?
It appears that they can. If they win out (three games that should be very winnable, the CUSA title game may even give a small boost) and a couple of current top tens lose, they may be able to rise as high as five by the time the selections are made.

Reaction Score
It appears that they can. If they win out (three games that should be very winnable, the CUSA title game may even give a small boost) and a couple of current top tens lose, they may be able to rise as high as five by the time the selections are made.

Oklahoma State needs to lose, but doesn't Oregon have a good shot if they win out?

Reaction Score
Oklahoma State needs to lose, but doesn't Oregon have a good shot if they win out?
Provided OSU loses to OU, I think OU is next in line.

I think it will be difficult for Oregon to justify itself. They may have scored more points against LSU than Alabama, but they got killed.

At this point, I think it will be LSU v. OSU/OU (unless Arkansas beats LSU--then all hell will break lose, I think).

Reaction Score
If Houston wins out, I think they have a shot at the non-aq at large spot. They still have some tough games remaining, though. Long way to go...

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly, you are the same poster that was incredulous last week that Alabama could even possibly be considered more worthy of a national title than Boise State or Stanford.

The cream rises to the top. Sometimes it just takes more time.

Reaction Score
I was talking about Houston playing in a BCS bowl. Not the BCS Championship Game.

Assuming LSU wins out, I think 3 teams have a shot, in this order:

Oklahoma St - If they win out, they're in

Bama - Only thing going against them is that I think people may want to avoid a rematch.

Oklahoma - Sooners have a terrible loss at home to a lousy Texas Tech team who has gotten drilled the last 2 weeks.

I'll say this now. If we're talking about picking from a bunch of 1 loss teams, Alabama should not be punished because they happened to play against the other team lined up for the title game. I don't think Oregon has much of a shot because the Pac 12 is really soft this year.

Reaction Score
I was talking about Houston playing in a BCS bowl. Not the BCS Championship Game.

Assuming LSU wins out, I think 3 teams have a shot, in this order:

Oklahoma St - If they win out, they're in

Bama - Only thing going against them is that I think people may want to avoid a rematch.

Oklahoma - Sooners have a terrible loss at home to a lousy Texas Tech team who has gotten drilled the last 2 weeks.

I'll say this now. If we're talking about picking from a bunch of 1 loss teams, Alabama should not be punished because they happened to play against the other team lined up for the title game. I don't think Oregon has much of a shot because the Pac 12 is really soft this year.

I don't know, I think oregon is next in line if they win out. Interested to see the BCS standings today, Oregon might jump Alabama.

Reaction Score
Oregon runs a timing offense that is literally impossible to stop, once they get the rhythm going. If they played LSU right now, I think they'd have a very, very good shot. If they play LSU on January 8th, though, after another month plus off...you might see just what you saw last year.

Reaction Score
Oregon runs a timing offense that is literally impossible to stop, once they get the rhythm going. If they played LSU right now, I think they'd have a very, very good shot. If they play LSU on January 8th, though, after another month plus off...you might see just what you saw last year.

The national championship this year must be a game which pits the best defense (LSU) against the best offense - Oregon, OSU? What a titanic battle. The line in football has always been that defenses win championships. A game like this would certainly test that wisdom.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
BCS Guru has this to say about Houston
>> If TCU wins their last two games, then a BCS berth will be handed to undefeated Houston on a platter as long as it can

a) beat SMU and Tulsa to finish the regular season - but neither is a gimme;
b) beat 9-1 Southern Miss in the Conference USA title game - definitely not a gimme; and
c) stay ahead of the Big East champion in the BCS Standings - now, that's a gimme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom