Down goes #2 Baylor! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Down goes #2 Baylor!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Carnac, a gamecock fan uploaded the game on YouTube. I put the link on the general board if you wanted to watch the replay.

Thank you very much.;)

Carnac

Reaction Score
Well, there you have it. I certainly didn't predict the demise of Baylor and/or Oregon, but I just wrote that either teams ascend or those around them fall down. Louisville will probably get a bigger bump than otherwise with the toppling of the Bears, AND also still standing undefeated a certain work in progress called "UConn." The gamecockies shouldn't get too high beating a Baylor team w/out Cox; Maryland should be taken to basketball criminal court for its godawful schedule: wins against the likes of Belmont, Quinnipiac, GW, Delaware, James Madison, and Wagner. That's 6 of the 7 wins, losing to the one decent team they played in SC. Brenda's a genius.
Sad to say that losses by the top 2 teams will mitigate whatever happens when they play the Huskies, but I'll enjoy a positive result anyway . . . Cardinals rise to at least #2, UConn to #3. There is NO #1.

All of the teams you mentioned can be found in a bakery. Right there between the “cupcakes” and “Jelly rolls”. The results of games played this weekend against quality opponents is why certain programs only shop in bakeries for potential OOC opponents. Now we know the true fabric of those top ranked teams. None of them are infallible. I’ll be watching Boston closely this season to see if this weekend’s performance was an anomaly or a preview of things to come.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Lol. Now let's see what MSST does to complete the trifecta! Could #1, 2 n 3 all go down in one night?

A trifecta it is. You called it. Isn’t life wonderful? All 3 go down on the same day. I’m not a doom and gloom guy, but you know our turn is coming. Stanford looked real good yesterday. It’s going to be a real dog fight for conference supremacy out here in the PAC-12. Oregon, Oregon State and Stanford have aspirations of being league champions this year. Any conference losses will be to each other.

Reaction Score
1575231664344.png

@Kaizen, did you also play the lotto yesterday? ;)

But, I gotta ask, Did you do extensive analysis or do you just like rooting for the underdog? Either way, CONGRATS! :)

Reaction Score
For me, the take-away from this ordeal is that if you plan on being a top 10 team, don't agree to, and then play in, one of the holiday tournaments playing 2, 3, or 4 days in a row. I hope UConn never plays in one of them again...even though a team only has to go undefeated in their final 5 starts to win a Natty! Losing early makes it an uphill climb for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Did a healthy Lauren Cox play? I heard she was sitting out for awhile with a stress reaction in her foot. If not, it's not nearly the same Baylor team.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Who made those claims? Name some names.
Maybe Boston was not willing to work as hard as the UCONN staff required-just sayin!
Or maybe she liked and related to Dawn better. Or maybe liked her chances of starting day one down there. Or maybe she liked their campus more. Or maybe she preferred warm weather. Or maybe she had trouble pronouncing Auriemma. Or maybe....

Last edited:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Boston's stats might not have been as good if Cox had played. That we will not know. However that debate will continue.

As to a generational player - that was Stewie. Boston is good, maybe very good. Not generational.
I don't remember; how was Stewie in her first 9 games of college ball?

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Maryland should be taken to basketball criminal court for its godawful schedule: wins against the likes of Belmont, Quinnipiac, GW, Delaware, James Madison, and Wagner. That's 6 of the 7 wins, losing to the one decent team they played in SC. Brenda's a genius.
Sad to say that losses by the top 2 teams will mitigate whatever happens when they play the Huskies, but I'll enjoy a positive result anyway . . . Cardinals rise to at least #2, UConn to #3. There is NO #1.

One of the threads on Vol Nation is "UT should be ashamed scheduling" Arkansas - Pine Bluff. So some of their fans don't want cream puffs either.

Sad side note - one of APB's players was murdered over Thanksgiving break.

Reaction Score
Boston listed as a forward is clearly a center, I didn’t see her picking UConn with ONO already on the roster. But what a post rotation that would have been.

Reaction Score
Boston listed as a forward is clearly a center, I didn’t see her picking UConn with ONO already on the roster. But what a post rotation that would have been.
Most of the posts when Boston was being recruited talked about her being a secondary play to other highly recruited bigs. Could reading them contributed to the SC decision? We will likely never know.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Exactly. Maybe we can wait a little bit before we start making proclamations of greatness.
Please remember it was a UCONN fan that made that proclamation and not a USC fan.

Reaction Score
Wilson was a great player, it’s early but Boston could be better then Wilson, she’s already ahead since she’s starting, something even Wilson couldn’t do as a freshman.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't remember; how was Stewie in her first 9 games of college ball?
Game 1: 21 Points in 23 Minutes
Game 2: 11 Points in 19 Minutes
Game 3: 20 Points in 22 Minutes
Game 4: 20 Points & 10 rebounds in 22 Minutes
Game 5: 10 Points in 25 Minutes
Game 6: 12 Points 8 rebounds in 20 mins
Game 7: 13 Points in 31 Minutes
Game 8: 7 Points in 20 Mins 3FGA
Game 9: 21 Points in 29 minutes coming off the bench.
Game 10: 27 Points in 25 Minutes

To make the distinction perfectly clear, Stewie scored 20 Points or more in 5 of her first 10 games. in her first 9 games Aaliyah Boston has scored 20 points once.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can you imagine her numbers if she had played 35+ minutes a game throughout her career?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Game 10: 27 Points in 25 Minutes

To make the distinction perfectly clear, Stewie scored 20 Points or more in 5 of her first 10 games. in her first 9 games Aaliyah Boston has scored 20 points once.
Lest I mention that rebounds and blocks are part of the game of basketball, too.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Also, Stewart came onto a UConn team loaded with other future WNBA players: Dolson, Hartley, KML, Stokes, Tuck, and Jefferson. Boston is clearly already one of SC's best players, so she's going to get much more runway to stuff the box score than Stewwie did early in her frosh season. Plus, Geno likes to break them down to build them up in a way that Dawn doesn't, so UConn frosh often have underwhelming early seasons. Indeed, CW's monster game against the Domers last season was the relatively rare instance of a UConn frosh making a splash in an early season high-profile game, and she didn't really do it again that whole season.

I remember seeing Stewwie in person during the Big East tournament final vs. Notre Dame and thinking she was going to be a once-in-a-generation player even then. It was just so evident how transformational her game was.
Dangerfield had a big game as a freshman and CW averaged double figures in the NCAA Tournament last season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom