Down goes #2 Baylor! | The Boneyard

Down goes #2 Baylor!

Reaction Score
Boston puts up huge numbers in win over Baylor. Guess she is that good!
Screenshot_2019-11-30-21-40-39.png

Reaction Score
When was the last time a #1 and a #2 goes down on the same day?
They lose 74-59 to South Carolina. They were out rebounded 43-29, and
they only made 8 of 17 free throws.

Reaction Score
Kim probably wishes she played one of those teams she beat by 70 plus from her easy non conference schedule that she likes to schedule like her buddy Vic at Mississippi State.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I had Baylor losing to SCar and MSST winning tonight so....I just didn't think that they could hold up to SCar without Cox. Also let's be clear. I, as much as anyone, would like to see Cox come back healthy and strong. But diabetes does not always lend itself to quick, easy, or complete healing of injuries. So unfortunately for her and WCBB it's wait, see, and hope.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Good question. If Stanford loses tonight, as I believe, that will be 1,2, and 3. When was the last time that happened? More, when was the last time 1,2 and 3 lost and Alabama was eliminated from the playoffs?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Aaaand Notre Dame dumped USF. Parity, that lovely and accursed condition may be coming to WCBB>

Reaction Score
As I've said before, Boston is truly a generational player. As a Freshman just 10 games in, she just dominated one of the top, physical teams in the country. No weakness in her game, unless you count the refs putting her on the bench on weak calls.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Lol. Now let's see what MSST does to complete the trifecta! Could #1, 2 n 3 all go down in one night?
As I said elsewhere, when was the last time that happened and Alabama was eliminated from the CFB playoffs on the same day?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
As I've said before, Boston is truly a generational player. As a Freshman just 10 games in, she just dominated one of the top, physical teams in the country. No weakness in her game, unless you count the refs putting her on the bench on weak calls.
Boston is doing well but you are getting carried away. Lauren Cox did not play in this game. Let's wait a while before that Boston coronation. Generational player? Please.....

Reaction Score

Generational? As in she is a once-in-a-twenty-years player? I think that is a little much. To borrow a phrase from Geno, she can be really, really good and not be “generational.”

Reaction Score
When was the last time a #1 and a #2 goes down on the same day?
They lose 74-59 to South Carolina. They were out rebounded 43-29, and
they only made 8 of 17 free throws.

So much for the claim that Boston wasn't really THAT good, that she really isn't "polished," and that we really didn't lose THAT much when she went to South Carolina.

She's one of the very top post players in women's basketball now- as a freshman. Hands down.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

With all these generational players, the calender date today should be approx 3000AD,

Reaction Score
So much for the claim that Boston wasn't really THAT good, that she really isn't "polished," and that we really didn't lose THAT much when she went to South Carolina.

She's one of the very top post players in women's basketball now- as a freshman. Hands down.
Who said can you show me the post please

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Who made those claims? Name some names.
Maybe Boston was not willing to work as hard as the UCONN staff required-just sayin!

Reaction Score
Well, there you have it. I certainly didn't predict the demise of Baylor and/or Oregon, but I just wrote that either teams ascend or those around them fall down. Louisville will probably get a bigger bump than otherwise with the toppling of the Bears, AND also still standing undefeated a certain work in progress called "UConn." The gamecockies shouldn't get too high beating a Baylor team w/out Cox; Maryland should be taken to basketball criminal court for its godawful schedule: wins against the likes of Belmont, Quinnipiac, GW, Delaware, James Madison, and Wagner. That's 6 of the 7 wins, losing to the one decent team they played in SC. Brenda's a genius.
Sad to say that losses by the top 2 teams will mitigate whatever happens when they play the Huskies, but I'll enjoy a positive result anyway . . . Cardinals rise to at least #2, UConn to #3. There is NO #1.

Reaction Score
Nobody saw that one coming. Baylor and Oregon got humbled today. I sure would like to see a replay of that game. Can Boston be that good this fast? If she is, that’s scary. Could there be a new sheriff in town?

Carnac, a gamecock fan uploaded the game on YouTube. I put the link on the general board if you wanted to watch the replay.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom