Down goes #2 Baylor! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Down goes #2 Baylor!

Reaction Score
She averaged about 20pts a game over her first 9.
Don't understand the conversation comparing Stewie to Boston. Stewie a true once in a lifetime unique talent, equally comfortable shooting 3-pointers, layups, getting rebounds, and defending. Saying Stewie is better than Boston deserved a big DAH, but Boston also deserves being in the conversation for one of best centers in US.

Reaction Score
Don't understand the conversation comparing Stewie to Boston. Stewie a true once in a lifetime unique talent, equally comfortable shooting 3-pointers, layups, getting rebounds, and defending. Saying Stewie is better than Boston deserved a big DAH, but Boston also deserves being in the conversation for one of best centers in US.

Exactly. Stewie is a once in a lifetime talent. Boston is one of the better centers in college basketball this year. Why is this a conversation at all?

In related news, Mike Trout is a better player than Jackie Bradley and Brett Gardner.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Lest I mention that rebounds and blocks are part of the game of basketball, too.
Lest I mention that freshmen Stewie had Dolson, Faris and Stokes on the floor so she was never going to put up huge rebounding or block shot numbers. Regardless, through 9 games: Aaliyah 7.6 RPG, 3.11 BPG
Stewie 6.33 RPG, 1.3 BPG.

Boston is good, and might become very good. But she ain’t Stewie and she ain’t going to become as good as Stewie. So let’s put this silly discussion behind us instead of prolonging it.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
There is natural tendency to compare good players against the best. Boston is a good WCBB player and Stewie is the best. I'd have loved to have had Boston at UConn, but I'd obviously wouldn't trade that for Stewie's amazing 4 years. Regardless, she a Gamecock (and really that name alone is enough for condolences.) I look forward to see how Staley develops her.

Reaction Score
Nobody saw that one coming. Baylor and Oregon got humbled today. I sure would like to see a replay of that game. Can Boston be that good this fast? If she is, that’s scary. Could there be a new sheriff in town?
Boston is good. Is she THAT good as a FROSH, probably not. She caught a couple of coaches flat footed, un prepared for Boston skills. Few shall not see her coming from now on. Geno, you can bet will have multiple game plans ready for her. She, however, will dominate most smaller teams and most likely will not dominate Baylor the next time should they meet.

Reaction Score
Lest I mention that freshmen Stewie had Dolson, Faris and Stokes on the floor so she was never going to put up huge rebounding or block shot numbers. Regardless, through 9 games: Aaliyah 7.6 RPG, 3.11 BPG
I haven't seen that much of Boston and the season is EARLY my tendency is to go along with Jonathon (sp). After an early great start of 8 games or so Stew went into a Frosh funk then for 3 years dominated (with Moriah, Tuck, Stef, others). Supporting, talented teammates cannot be over looked. Of course I'm UCWBB biased.

Reaction Score
Boston is good. Is she THAT good as a FROSH, probably not. She caught a couple of coaches flat footed, un prepared for Boston skills. Few shall not see her coming from now on. Geno, you can bet will have multiple game plans ready for her. She, however, will dominate most smaller teams and most likely will not dominate Baylor the next time should they meet.

lol

Reaction Score
I don't recall the last time, not the first time, Geno played only ONE player. Neither DT nor Stewie did it alone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom