Down by 1...10 seconds to go full court in the NC...Who??? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Down by 1...10 seconds to go full court in the NC...Who???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How about the other end? 10 seconds to go for the NC, UConn up by one, Opponent takes the ball out on their end, say 2/3 court. Who do we want defending? For argument's sake, defending a standard lineup (2 guards, 2 forwards, 1 center).

• 1: Bon-bon is fast, and quick, but so was Dixon. Rizzotti was great in her era, but was she fast enough to cover modern players? What about Battle?
  • 2: Taurasi of course, as (when-she-felt-like-it) she was a great 1:1 defender, and by far our greatest help-side defender.
  • 3: Faris is a MUST to me. She could stop anyone, and rarely made a defensive mistake (unless it was a gamble on a steal when we were up by 40).
  • 4: We need our best athlete, here. Stewie beats out Maya, because of her height and wingspan.
  • 5: Who is the post? Charles is better at the 4 in defense, so she could slip either way and still be effective.
That looks like a 1-2-2 defense if you ask me. Maybe better as a diamond-and-1, with Faris, Taurasi and Stewie, Charles, and Bon-bon on the ball. Of course, that pins Taurasi to a side, so I'd have to depend on her to stay in her lane (!). Maybe the 1-2-2 is best, after all.

I can't fit in Maya, Hayes, Jamele, Wolters, or Shoeblocker (only the greatest shot-blocker in NC history), and several others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits
Top Bottom