Doty's Bad Moon Rising | The Boneyard

Doty's Bad Moon Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
has gone away after a couple of days off. From Jim Fuller's blog: http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/

Auriemma recently had a heart to heart with Doty about the way she was going about her business and he even went as far as suggesting that Doty's concussion was the result of bad karma.

"When you get frustrated, you are not thinking clearly and everything else is going wrong," Auriemma said. "I told her 'the reason you fell on your head is because you are in a bad mood, you have a bad attitude right now. You have bad vibes, bad mojo.' Otherwise you would have just fell down, got up, make your free throw. Right now there is a bad moon rising over you and you need a couple days off. In her mind she is like I don't want to go through this anymore so just take three days off. It is like the guy who can't play golf, take two weeks off and quit, go play tennis. I told her take three days off and quit, she had fun with it and knew that once she got her head cleared, she'd be all right and she is. Playing bad for her, it just kills her. When you have been waiting so long to play and then you can't do some of the things that you used to be able to do, it is just eating her alive.

"She has had two great days the last two days. Her mind is different, you can tell by the look in her eyes and because of that the ball is going where it is supposed to go, shots are going in, defensively she knows where she is going, her mouth is saying the right things at the right time to the right guys. It's like a quarterback in the huddle. She has control of the situation now for about a week or so."

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
has gone away after a couple of days off. From Jim Fuller's blog: http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/

Auriemma recently had a heart to heart with Doty about the way she was going about her business and he even went as far as suggesting that Doty's concussion was the result of bad karma.

"When you get frustrated, you are not thinking clearly and everything else is going wrong," Auriemma said. "I told her 'the reason you fell on your head is because you are in a bad mood, you have a bad attitude right now. You have bad vibes, bad mojo.' Otherwise you would have just fell down, got up, make your free throw. Right now there is a bad moon rising over you and you need a couple days off. In her mind she is like I don't want to go through this anymore so just take three days off. It is like the guy who can't play golf, take two weeks off and quit, go play tennis. I told her take three days off and quit, she had fun with it and knew that once she got her head cleared, she'd be all right and she is. Playing bad for her, it just kills her. When you have been waiting so long to play and then you can't do some of the things that you used to be able to do, it is just eating her alive.

"She has had two great days the last two days. Her mind is different, you can tell by the look in her eyes and because of that the ball is going where it is supposed to go, shots are going in, defensively she knows where she is going, her mouth is saying the right things at the right time to the right guys. It's like a quarterback in the huddle. She has control of the situation now for about a week or so."
Good for Geno. It seems like he has gone the extra mile handling Buck and Doty.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
John A. with a couple of tweets on Caroline's head injury....

jaltavilla John Altavilla
Caroline Doty said she could tell something was wrong when she fell on her head in the first half against Towson Nov. 30.

jaltavilla John Altavilla
Doty said she didn't feel right taking the free throws she was awarded and trainers noted her eyes weren't responding to tests.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
So many similarities between her and Shea....both play so hard and are injury prone. Probably a corrolation between the two.

I see Doty becoming a coach like Shea. She seems to have the right temperment for it, and with her ACL injuries I don't know that a WNBA team will take a chance on her.

Reaction Score

I had just spent the last half hour or so catching up on the blogs of John,Rich,and Jim;) I planned on posting about CD.and a few other items. Well I see that you started a thread on CD:p I am glad you did,and hope everyone reads the blogs/articles on a regular basis! LOL,do they read our site? Hey guys please give me I like clicks ROTFLMAO
As much as we hopefully love all of the kids:) I know so many of us having special feelings for CD. W/O all of the serious injuries,spains,getting banged up, Caroline would be a favorite. When you do include the numerous knee surgeries,rehabs,ongoing preperation,and everything else even when you have supposedly recovered,many aspects are ongoing,lifelong results you just have to admire her and have a VERY SPECIAL PLACE IN YOUR HEART FOR HER:D WE LOVE YA CD
Props for the song which I have always loved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69