Doty leading and SNY streaming | The Boneyard

Doty leading and SNY streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"Right now she spends as much time admiring the young guys and how good they are and not worrying about herself."

The young guys are getting a lot of good press.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I have always been a Doty fan.It broke my heart 2 yrs ago when she umm... couldn't play.
I sent her a letter of encouragement.
If Caroline can crawl, she starts !

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I have always been a Doty fan.It broke my heart 2 yrs ago when she umm... couldn't play.
I sent her a letter of encouragement.
If Caroline can crawl, she starts !

Great line! And true, IMO.....!!

:D

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I read the article, and I admire Caroline as much as anyone. But I adhere to my opinion that she will not start, although the estimate of 15-20 minutes in a competitive game may be about right for her.

Ultimately, Geno will look at the issue from the cold, unsentimental perspective of what lineup decision gives UConn the best chance to win. And on that basis, Caroline will not make the starting lineup, in my opinion.

By mid-November, we will see who wins this virtual bet.

Reaction Score
Ultimately, Geno will look at the issue from the cold, unsentimental perspective of what lineup decision gives UConn the best chance to win. And on that basis, Caroline will not make the starting lineup, in my opinion.

Your mistake, in my opinion, is to view starting Caroline as just a piece of charity on Geno's part. It is not. He recognizes that he needs her leadership, experience, and intensity. I'm sure CD realizes all too well that she doesn't have the same physical skills she once had, and that the frosh probably do. Not starting might throw her confidence even more of a tail spin.

If this team has 5 great players and can win solely with them, then, sure, by all means, put CD out to pasture. But if this is a team that's going to need lots of folks to contribute, then a confident Caroline is a valuable person to have around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom