Dorka Minnesota Rookie Pressconference | The Boneyard

Dorka Minnesota Rookie Pressconference

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
For those of us who don't feel like devoting 46 minutes to listen to this, what did Dorka have to say, and what did they ask her? Did anyone else make any interesting comments?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'm jealous; I've always thought Minneapolis would be a cool place to live.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'm jealous; I've always thought Minneapolis would be a cool place to live.
Yep, harsh winters and black flies. I assume with all those lakes, they have mosquitos the size of choppers, too. What's not to like? (I've lived in Maine, which I love, but it's no accident I settled south of the Mason-Dixon line. I can handle cold weather, but not for five months.)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yep, harsh winters and black flies. I assume with all those lakes, they have mosquitos the size of choppers, too. What's not to like? (I've lived in Maine, which I love, but it's no accident I settled south of the Mason-Dixon line. I can handle cold weather, but not for five months.)
Yeah, but great fishing and fine eating!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I'm here in CT and we seem to be south of the black fly territory (which is fierce in Maine/NH.) And this winter we had a week in Feb that stayed in the high 40's-high 50's and in some areas broke 60. I had daffodils start sending up flowers in Feb. March was our snow month, but we never had snow cover for longer than a week at a time. And I was just in line at a superstore and the guy in front was buying an AC - we hit 92 today.

Reaction Score
I'm here in CT and we seem to be south of the black fly territory (which is fierce in Maine/NH.) And this winter we had a week in Feb that stayed in the high 40's-high 50's and in some areas broke 60. I had daffodils start sending up flowers in Feb. March was our snow month, but we never had snow cover for longer than a week at a time. And I was just in line at a superstore and the guy in front was buying an AC - we hit 92 today.
Buying an AC in April is not that unusual. Retail is always one season ahead.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Cant speak for any of the rest but Brea Beal is as good as they come.
Actually, I always liked Brea Beal. She didn't score much, but I think we all can acknowledge that scoring isn't everything that makes a player really good. She did what she had to do, and did it well. I hope she makes the team along with Dorka of course.

Reaction Score
The only time I ever ran from insects was in the White Mountains of NH. It was in May as I recall, and a huge swarm of black flies descended on me. The ferocity of their "attack" is something I'll never forget - it was fight or flight, and I chose flight all the way back to my car...!

Reaction Score
Dear Bigboote, I live in Maine currently, and I assure you that I have made "friends" with 100,000s of black flies over the years!
Note: the winters are warmer!! and this past Saturday it was in the 70s!!

Reaction Score
The only time I ever ran from insects was in the White Mountains of NH. It was in May as I recall, and a huge swarm of black flies descended on me. The ferocity of their "attack" is something I'll never forget - it was fight or flight, and I chose flight all the way back to my car...!
If you want to avoid the " worse" of the black flies, avoid visiting between MOTHER'S Day and FATHER's Day. That being
said I hit the trails early this year. Quiet, just some other Mainiacs and their multiple puppies! But most of
my family have moved VERY south!!

Reaction Score
They’re also in the Green Mountains of Vermont. The wife and I stepped outside of the car to take pics of a lake and they immediately swarmed us. We ran back to the car so fast. The owners of the B&B where were staying warned us that it can get a little “buggy” up there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom