Dorka Juhasz transferring to UConn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Dorka Juhasz transferring to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She’s wearing #14 in this photoshopped photo. Now we have to measure her height in Hartley units.

Welcome Dorka!
The prelimiary numbers reveal a big who can shoot 3's; does that data fill one
of our offensive deficits?
Could we extrapolate she could score the fifteen footers?
That space between the foul line, and the paint, the frozen, no-chance area allowing teams to crowd our bigs underneath the basket, that no-growth tundra; is relief on the horizon?
But does she have to sit out a year, or does the pandemic allow her to play?

Reaction Score
UConn will be one of the few teams with two Top 20 teams on it's roster (South Carolina, Stanford).......Team #1 - ONO, CW, AE, PB, team #2 DJ, AD, EW, NM, AG or add CD to that mix........
If you take those 10 and mix them up a bit.....they’re better than top 20.

With this new addition and the recruit coming in, I’m not sure ONO is a lock for your team #1.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Or maybe he wants one big who can make a three. If that hurts someone's "development" so be it. It's one year at a time. Who helps us win now?
Yep.

Stanford's 3rd post player -- 6-4 Ashton Prechtel -- completely changed the Elite 8 game against Louisville. She scored 16 points in 16 minutes, including 3-3 on three-pointers.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I leave the house for a few hours, come back, and everything is topsy turvy (Does anyone say that anymore?). Welcome Husky for life Dorka Juhasz. Although a surprise, it is a much welcomed one. We fans can't wait to see you in Husky blue.

People, UConn is now a very big team with size in the lane and on the perimeter. Next years scrimmages should be a sight to behold. Anyone think that Liv hasn't been disappointed in her performance in the NCAA's this year? Anyone think she doesn't recognize her shortcomings? Is there anyone that truly believes she won't work harder on finishing around the basket, keeping the ball high when she drops her left leg, work on an effective up and under, work on her fade away, work on her midrange shot, maybe add a hook shot, work harder on her strength (mostly) and her conditioning, and work on her defensive positioning? Anyone think AE isn't going to work on her mid range shot as well, her strength and conditioning, and her finishing around the basket? Anyone who really thinks that UConn's scrimmages with Amari DeBerry at 6'5", Piath Gabriel at 6'5", Liv at 6'5", AE at 6'3", and DJ (yes I said it) at 6'4" won't be a scrum had better think again. And that's just the front court. The battle for which three guards (aside of course from Paige) will see the most minutes will perhaps be even more intense with CW, Evina, Azzi, Saylor, Nika, and Caroline Ducharme pushing each other hard every day. Geno's going to need a squad of better practice players. A much better and bigger squad.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ok sportsfans, do we consider her an academic senior, even though she technically has two years left, per the covid craziness? Yes, I'm trying to update the grid. :)
Dorka has two years of eligibility.

Reaction Score
Here's a tutorial in how the portal works and specifically in wcbb. I looked this up for myself because I wasn't sure what the process was really about. What's interesting is that, while entering the portal is easy, there's no guarantee that the school from which the student-athlete is departing will grant a waiver for that player to participate immediately.
So: if Dorka knows that she can play at UConn next season, which apparently she does, then there's no hitch to her coming. Ohio State is not objecting.
By the way, how do we always seem to get impossible names? Thank heaven we don't put players' names on jerseys . . .
What the NCAA Transfer Portal Is... and What It Isn’t

Reaction Score
That space between the foul line, and the paint, the frozen, no-chance area allowing teams to crowd our bigs underneath the basket, that no-growth tundra; is relief on the horizon?
She can play immediately.

Reaction Score
The first year did not seem to affect Brink negatively. It's possible DeBerry could have just as successful a season as Brink had.
Really? Were we watching the same player? She had a lot of foul trouble and ended the season with a leg injury that hampered her in the tourney. She luckily had Belibi and Prechtel working with her so she didn't have to play 40 minutes a game.

What is so wrong with us having multiple bigs? The other top teams do. I know it hasn't happened in years but trust me, we'll be better off with Dorka as an option.

Reaction Score
I leave the house for a few hours, come back, and everything is topsy turvy (Does anyone say that anymore?). Welcome Husky for life Dorka Juhasz. Although a surprise, it is a much welcomed one. We fans can't wait to see you in Husky blue.

People, UConn is now a very big team with size in the lane and on the perimeter. Next years scrimmages should be a sight to behold. Anyone think that Liv hasn't been disappointed in her performance in the NCAA's this year? Anyone think she doesn't recognize her shortcomings? Is there anyone that truly believes she won't work harder on finishing around the basket, keeping the ball high when she drops her left leg, work on an effective up and under, work on her fade away, work on her midrange shot, maybe add a hook shot, work harder on her strength (mostly) and her conditioning, and work on her defensive positioning? Anyone think AE isn't going to work on her mid range shot as well, her strength and conditioning, and her finishing around the basket? Anyone really think that UConn's scrimmages with Amari DeBerry at 6'5", Piath Gabriel at 6'5", Liv at 6'5", AE at 6'3", and DJ (yes I said it) at 6'4" won't be a scrum had better think again. And that's just the front court. The battle for which three guards (aside of course from Paige) will see the most minutes will perhaps be even more intense with CW, Evina, Azzi, Saylor, Nika, and Caroline Ducharme pushing each other hard every day. Geno's going to need a squad of better practice players. A much better and bigger squad.
Maybe Geno can farm out some players to Syracuse? Ow, very unkind--but I don't like Q, so there.
1618262422249.png

Reaction Score
So excited for this addition! I don't look at it as a log jam for minutes I look at it as the best D1 Women's basketball in the program going survival of the fittest. Let the competition shake out the playing time and whomever gets it will have earned it 1000x over. If you aren't making layups right under the basket I have 2 the players that can, and then some. You don't play defense like UCONN demands, I have 3 more players who do. Step up or step aside. Competition breeds excellence and I think this is such an amazing pick up for us.

Reaction Score
How much Dorka plays depends on how fast she can learn the Huskies' offense and defense. Can't imagine it will take long.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Maybe Geno can farm out some players to Syracuse? Ow, very unkind--but I don't like Q, so there.
You're preaching to the choir my friend. On Q I'm your personal Amen Corner.

Reaction Score
Yep.

Stanford's 3rd post player -- 6-4 Ashton Prechtel -- completely changed the Elite 8 game against Louisville. She scored 16 points in 16 minutes, including 3-3 on three-pointers.

great point! Stanford had the depth and flexibility to use Pechtel. May Uconn have athe same with Jurasz.

Reaction Score
No Jolly Green Giant next year but a heck of a lot of height!. 3 - 6'5", 1 - 6'4", 1 - 6'3", 2 - 6'2", 1 - 6'1", 1 - 6'0", 4 - 5'11", 1 - 5'10", 1 - 5'8" ...wow! Paige must b 5'11.99" because she looks to be taller than the other 5'11".
What?? No 5’9” player?

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Really? Were we watching the same player? She had a lot of foul trouble and ended the season with a leg injury that hampered her in the tourney. She luckily had Belibi and Prechtel working with her so she didn't have to play 40 minutes a game.

What is so wrong with us having multiple bigs? The other top teams do. I know it hasn't happened in years but trust me, we'll be better off with Dorka as an option.
I was very impressed with Brink...for a freshman she was very impressive. She can shoot the three, she is extremely mobile around the basket, she can put it on the floor. If this woman gains twenty to thirty pounds she will be a beast.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score

second the Welcome, Dorka!

Topsy turvy? Yes, some say it, but "all catywumpus" is also common around here.

Reaction Score
I was very impressed with Brink...for a freshman she was very impressive. She can shoot the three, she is extremely mobile around the basket, she can put it on the floor. If this woman gains twenty to thirty pounds she will be a beast.
I think she is good too and does need to develop. I just think she benefited from having Belibi and Prechtel at the 5 position with her. I think Deberry will benefit from Liv and Dorka working with her.

This will give Aaliyah space to fully develop as a PF and have Aubrey then Mir backing her up.

My jury on Piath's role is still out. I need to see what she does over the summer. Maybe she could get to averaging 5 minutes or so in BE games.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
She plays, like every other transfer this year that has the talent to be on the court.
Really 20 to 30 lbs. not likely before the upcoming season, if she did I would fear for her health, her ability to put the ball on the floor and her mobility may well be in large part because she isn't carrying the extra weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom