Dorka Juhasz FIBA U19 Highlights | The Boneyard

Dorka Juhasz FIBA U19 Highlights

Reaction Score
YouTube offered this to me this morning. Impressive. I had not seen it. Maybe some of you haven't either.

In hindsight, I'm willing to wager, they'll be a horde of Husky fans, overjoyed we landed Dorka. These "highlights" simply reinforce what she's shown previously, great fundamentals, especially around the basket. Her ambidexterity in invaluable, and the European basketball background, where physicality is a basic tenant of the game, is just what we needed down low.

Time will tell....but, with all our weapons, we'll certainly be a tough out, even for those other "contenders". And, I like our odds, home or away!

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
She`s good!

I like how she establishes position down low and that she finishes well with her left hand.

More physical than I expected.

But what I REALLY didn`t expect was Paranoid by Black Sabbath. For a hoop highlight tape? Love it!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'where physicality is a basic tenant of the game, is just what we needed down low.'
'More physical than I expected'
'Much more physical than my prior perceptions.'
'I’m impressed with her athleticism and aggressiveness'
'As soon as the shot goes up she’s seeking out a body.'

another successful khyphoplasty procedure performed by dr auriemma. and, since miss juhasz now has something to play for -a national championship- expect her determination to go to an even higher level. our interior spine has been dramatically stiffened.

Reaction Score
I’m impressed with her athleticism and aggressiveness but most all how quick she is in the low post. I think Geno will be hard pressed to leave her on the bench when Liv struggles as often as she does.
That could be the main reason he went out and got her that quickly. ;)

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Wow, this video shows alot more of her abilities than we have previously seen. She is just dynamite around the basket, good rebounder, very strong and physical, and best of all, she can make lay ups, with both hands mind you. LOL
Previously in my mind I saw her as a 3 pt threat only. Now after seeing this video, our paint presence can be the best in the country, and with the addition of our new shooters, I think this year will be the dawning of a new UConn era. All we have to do is break the ice and get the first one and the rest will follow. As I said in another post, Can't wait!!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I know Cardoso would have been a really good addition but, Juhasz is quicker, gets up and down the court faster, and is more skilled overall for now. Dorka seems to be just right for the UConn style of play. Better still, she has two years of eligibility left. That gives the newer post players time to develop.

Reaction Score
Dorka adds some much needed physical presence & post play. Definitely a nice addition. But, not sure if its enough to beat the likes of SC & Stanford in the Final Four though. UConn still too much of a finesse/perimeter team & dont have the "bruisers" to get the dirty work done when it counts.

Reaction Score
Love the defense , great movement without the ball (many passes from Paige and Nika,) , and
she looks to be a pretty good passer herself ! Can't wait !!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom