Dorka: Happy to be at UConn (Video) | The Boneyard

Dorka: Happy to be at UConn (Video)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sounds like alot of fun. Seems she is viewing it as a 2 year experience. Probably views herself as the primary backup with Liv just too far ahead in UConn experience and highly motivated to make a push for the WNBA this year although I am sure she will compete hard to be top dog (husky). Next year is when I think she will shine and be pushed by Amari and Piath

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
New Alexa article with a few more quotes

Ohio State transfer Dorka Juhász finds highly competitive environment she was looking for with UConn women’s basketball team - Hartford Courant

I find this one interesting

But the transition to UConn has gone as smoothly as she could have hoped, made easier by hitting it off with her new teammates.

“I feel like everybody has a great personality,” Juhász said. “I don’t think Coach ever recruited someone that has not a great personality that fit into the team. It was a pleasure to just come here and work together.”

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
New Alexa article with a few more quotes

Ohio State transfer Dorka Juhász finds highly competitive environment she was looking for with UConn women’s basketball team - Hartford Courant

I find this one interesting

But the transition to UConn has gone as smoothly as she could have hoped, made easier by hitting it off with her new teammates.

“I feel like everybody has a great personality,” Juhász said. “I don’t think Coach ever recruited someone that has not a great personality that fit into the team. It was a pleasure to just come here and work together.”
“They’re tough, they’re competing, they don’t care about who’s a senior, who’s a freshman,” Juhász said. “I think that’s what’s so special about this team. Everybody’s coming in and competing and so that was a really good surprise for me. ... Everybody wants to win, and I think when everybody’s on that mentality and the same wavelength, that’s when teams are the best. I have a really good feeling about this team.”
:D

Reaction Score
Sounds like alot of fun. Seems she is viewing it as a 2 year experience. Probably views herself as the primary backup with Liv just too far ahead in UConn experience and highly motivated to make a push for the WNBA this year although I am sure she will compete hard to be top dog (husky). Next year is when I think she will shine and be pushed by Amari and Piath
Is Dorka limited to one season at UCONN or, due to Covid, is she entitled to play here two seasons if she so chooses?

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Is Dorka limited to one season at UCONN or, due to Covid, is she entitled to play here two seasons if she so chooses?
Interesting that she said two years in the video. (Actually, all of the seniors have two more years if they so choose.) I'm guessing Dorka is keeping her options open. With NIL money, why go pro?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Interesting that she said two years in the video. (Actually, all of the seniors have two more years if they so choose.) I'm guessing Dorka is keeping her options open. With NIL money, why go pro?
Unfortunately, as the law currently stands, foreign students can not earn money in the US under a student visa, as opposed to a foreign worker under a green card.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, as the law currently stands, foreign students can not earn money in the US under a student visa, as opposed to a foreign worker under a green card.
Maybe she can earn money in Europe? Do shoe companies sell in Europe? 30K for appearing in Hungarian show ads?

I'm all in favor of NIL but one thing I've learned is that if there is a way around a rule or a way to fix an outcome then someone will figure it out and do it.

Reaction Score
Glad she came here and loves the competition within the team. Several articles of how she is enjoying the front court competition in the summer workouts.
Some comments not too glowing for her former team or staff. ;)
When AE returns from Canadian Team play it will get even more interesting. The battle for PT on this upcoming UConn squad is already taking place and will be very interesting to say the least how Geno sorts it out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom