Dorka article | The Boneyard

Dorka article

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Great article. Dorka is motivated

“I’ve got to give myself credit,” Juhász said. “I was adjusting to a new team, and not just a new team — to UConn. Everybody around me is so good. Hopefully next year, a different role. I’ve just got to step up. I already know they need more out of me and I need to be a leader on this team. I didn’t know anything [coming in]. But I know for myself, for my last year, I need to give much more and I need to be much better.”

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Great article. Dorka is motivated

“I’ve got to give myself credit,” Juhász said. “I was adjusting to a new team, and not just a new team — to UConn. Everybody around me is so good. Hopefully next year, a different role. I’ve just got to step up. I already know they need more out of me and I need to be a leader on this team. I didn’t know anything [coming in]. But I know for myself, for my last year, I need to give much more and I need to be much better.”
This is what personal growth and development looks like. Dorka will be a completely different player this year. Can’t wait to see this year's team and the newbies. I’m interested in seeing how quickly they mesh into the fabric of the team. We’re going to need them and everything they can bring this coming season.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Well, we couldn't win it for Evina, so maybe we can for Dorka. Hopefully her family can make it for senior night and get to stay for our tournament run. Maybe her second Senior night will end up better for her, the team, and of course, us. Love this girl.

Reaction Score
Well, we couldn't win it for Evina, so maybe we can for Dorka. Hopefully her family can make it for senior night and get to stay for our tournament run. Maybe her second Senior night will end up better for her, the team, and of course, us. Love this girl.

Pretty sure she only gets 1 Senior night

Reaction Score
Yeah will be interesting to see what happens when that day rolls around next year. I know what the "rule" is, but also wonder if an exception will be made because her parents couldn't be here this year.

Reaction Score
Love Dorka. Not surprised with the personal responsibility/expectations for herself. I'm excited and anxious about her final year tbh. Replacing Liv really is filling big shoes. Her first season was really like a movie though. I remember her getting yelled at vs Arkansas for bricking a 3 early in the game (classic Geno/welcome to UConn type moment). I was at the UCLA game where she really broke out and made an impact. She started some, came off the bench some. She had some super productive games where she kinda carried the team offensively (I'm thinking of that road Marquette game which was really close until the 4th. Her and Azzi both had 20+) but then also had some quiet games though I think she got a lot better as the season progressed. Then the tournament again for her was like a movie. Grabbed big rebounds but struggled inside against UCF, got benched after missing a bunny vs Indiana, but then came out so determined against NC State, only to suffer a brutal injury which led to one of the most touching moments I've seen at the end of the game as her team celebrated with her.

Reaction Score
Interesting how a accomplished Big 10 player acknowledged how she didn't know anything. This helps explain why the UCONN system is so far ahead of the competition.
This really says it all about the Big 10, too. The Big East deserves a lot more respect than it gets. Marquette, DePaul, Creighton, Villanova, Seton Hall, all of them have been as tournament ready of some of the Big 10 teams that have routinely been there in recent years. There are some excellent coaches and very fine programs here.

Reaction Score
This is what personal growth and development looks like. Dorka will be a completely different player this year. Can’t wait to see this year's team and the newbies. I’m interested in seeing how quickly they mesh into the fabric of the team. We’re going to need them and everything they can bring this coming season.
Dorka is one of my 15 favorites from last season. I'm unhappy she was injured, she was MAYBE the difference in the NC game, Maybe. Now Dorka knows what it is like : Being: One of the Few, One of the Best. Pride in just wearing the uniform!. Geno made a good pick and she made a good choice.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This really says it all about the Big 10, too. The Big East deserves a lot more respect than it gets. Marquette, DePaul, Creighton, Villanova, Seton Hall, all of them have been as tournament ready of some of the Big 10 teams that have routinely been there in recent years. There are some excellent coaches and very fine programs here.
Anybody paying attention knows that Kevin McGuff and staff do a poor job of developing Ohio's players. What keeps them afloat is they get a lot of good young talent.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah will be interesting to see what happens when that day rolls around next year. I know what the "rule" is, but also wonder if an exception will be made because her parents couldn't be here this year.
If I were to guess, I would think no Jersey but she’ll get to walk out with her parents and probably still get flowers.

Reaction Score
Anybody paying attention knows that Kevin McGuff and staff do a poor job of developing Ohio's players. What keeps them afloat is they get a lot of good young talent.
I agree about OSU. But the problem runs deeper in the conference. Iowa, Michigan, Indiana, Maryland have fizzled in the tournament in recent years. It’s not just coaching, I think, since there are good coaches at some of these schools. But the hype the conference tends to get is out of proportion with performance.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I agree about OSU. But the problem runs deeper in the conference. Iowa, Michigan, Indiana, Maryland have fizzled in the tournament in recent years. It’s not just coaching, I think, since there are good coaches at some of these schools. But the hype the conference tends to get is out of proportion with performance.
I was just directing my attention to Dorka's old coaches, but I thoroughly agree there is a more conference wide problem or problems.

Reaction Score
That is not fair to say. Almost every player leaving a program will say the same thing about their former school. I would say, though, that Dorka is a better fit with UConn. She is happy here and is willing to give more to succeed. UConn has had more sucess in recruiting better "rated" players than any other school.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I believe that’s correct. Per Geno, you only get one bite of the apple. Since she was not 100% sure she would return, she chose to take the “sure thing.”

Reaction Score
Maybe to backpedal my rant about the Big 10 a little: I think Terry Moren and Lisa Bluder are excellent coaches, and a sign of it is they tend to hang on to their players. I have no objection to them or their programs. I just think too many commentators have inflated the Big 10 and come tournament time, they get more picks than they necessarily deserve, and the Big East gets left out. Iowa is a solid team, but they couldn’t handle Creighton, and I loved the Hoosiers, but they just weren’t in the same league as the Huskies. So much speculation early on that they’d beat UConn, and then it comes down to it and they weren’t even close.

Reaction Score
UConn and Geno set a high bar not just in terms of basketball. The program assists players in all aspects of their growth including public speaking, fitness, and teamwork. Appears that this carries over to other Big East teams as well. Dorka is now part of a national and international brand with all the positive reinforcement and personal development that come with it. The Big 10 runs strong sports programs but Dorka made a smart move to take her career to the next level with UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom