Dorka and Caroline Sighting | The Boneyard

Dorka and Caroline Sighting

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
$150 floor seats at the Sun game tonight. I'm curious if they purchased them or somehow were "gifted" them. NIL era perk?

No sign of a cast or brace on Dorka that I could see from the opposite side line, but Caroline still using a crutch.

Reaction Score
At least they'll have the rest of the team back to keep them company in a few days.

psconn

Reaction Score
I was spotted in a 226 Euro seat at the Vienna State Opera last night. No one was curious.
If you were a well-known D1 athlete playing for UConn or a rival team, I would have the same curiosity. But no, neither I, nor apparently anyone else, cares where you put your Euros.

I am quite sure this is all above board and legal, I am just wondering how this fits into the new NIL world. Were the tickets able to be comped to the players in exchange for the marketing potential of associating the Sun with UConn BB (calling them out on the big board)? I don't think a "booster" could have legally given them the tickets. There have been similar appearances by Celtics players from time to time. No idea what their deal (if any) is.

I honestly don't care what they legally spend their own money on.

Reaction Score
Since Paige is apparently making a good deal of money now, perhaps she
gifted the tickets to her teammates.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Both Crystal Dangerfield and Napheesa had off-season labrum surgery and both returned to play the following season, on time and good as new. I seem to recall Crystal had labrum surgery twice.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Has anyone on the board had Caroline’s labrum issue themselves?
Actually since you asked it occurred to me this is the same issue Napheesa Collier had as a freshman.

Reaction Score
If you were a well-known D1 athlete playing for UConn or a rival team, I would have the same curiosity. But no, neither I, nor apparently anyone else, cares where you put your Euros.

I am quite sure this is all above board and legal, I am just wondering how this fits into the new NIL world. Were the tickets able to be comped to the players in exchange for the marketing potential of associating the Sun with UConn BB (calling them out on the big board)? I don't think a "booster" could have legally given them the tickets. There have been similar appearances by Celtics players from time to time. No idea what their deal (if any) is.

It was a joke that you apparently didn’t get. I could have just as easily said that quoting the price of the ticket is totally ridiculous, but Vienna always puts me in a kinder mood. By the way, several people did in fact recognize me, but they are musicians.

Reaction Score
Todd Ducharme is a VP at a technology advisory services firm in MA (viz public profile on LinkedIn).
I get a ticket to a Suns game isn't the first thing a college student would buy, but it's not like that family is lacking in disposable income, NIL or not.

Reaction Score
Has anyone on the board had Caroline’s labrum issue themselves?

I have not, but there are a number of studies on recovery from labrum surgery. In general, the success rate for young athletes is very high. Typical return to their sport is in the neighborhood of four months, with perhaps another month necessary to get back to previous level of performance.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Courant beat writer Lila Bromberg has written a terrific piece on Caroline and Dorka. Lots of quotes from Caroline and her parents about Caroline's hip injury, the pain she played through, the decision on when and where to have the surgery and the close bond Caroline has with her teammates. I'm thrilled she's a Husky.

It was late April and Caroline Ducharme had just undergone surgery on her left hip. Paige Bueckers, Aaliyah Edwards, Nika Mühl, Dorka Juhász, Amari DeBerry and Piath Gabriel (now in the transfer portal) were there with balloons and Ben & Jerry’s ice cream. Mühl got a card that wished a “Happy Birthday” to Ducharme’s “new” hip. Associate athletic trainer Janelle Francisco was there at one point that afternoon too.

“It was so moving,” Chrissy Ducharme told The Hartford Courant. “I just stopped … and was like, ‘I get it, honey. This is it. This is your family. This is why you’re here.’”

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I have not, but there are a number of studies on recovery from labrum surgery. In general, the success rate for young athletes is very high. Typical return to their sport is in the neighborhood of four months, with perhaps another month necessary to get back to previous level of performance.
Consistent with the recovery time for both Crystal and Napheesa after their labrum surgeries.

Reaction Score

I'm pretty sure that any claim of NIL must have signed documentation to be exercised. Overseeing NIL is the ticking bomb that nobody wants to be associated with when the first scandal explodes.

I seem to remember was Dilbert comic in which his anal boss had a sign on his office wall that said "Never be in a room where a decision is to be made"

And likely they paid for a seat and then got upgraded.

Reaction Score
I was spotted in a 226 Euro seat at the Vienna State Opera last night. No one was curious.
How important was the Game? Who played? Any Uconn kids on Vienna State?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
$150 floor seats at the Sun game tonight. I'm curious if they purchased them or somehow were "gifted" them. NIL era perk?

No sign of a cast or brace on Dorka that I could see from the opposite side line, but Caroline still using a crutch.
This is why Caroline was at this game with Dorka. Its a NIL thing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For the record, I am available to promote the brand awareness of any Boneyard poster by attending courtside seats at professional, or even UConn basketball games. PM me for terms and conditions.

psconn

Reaction Score
That explains it! As I expected, a NIL-related, pre-arranged appearance. Thanks for digging that up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom