Doris Burke | The Boneyard

Doris Burke

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I usually like Doris' comments. Her remark about "lack of class at the top," that she made at the 2014 WCBB Final was a classic.

Reaction Score
I usually like Doris' comments. Her remark about "lack of class at the top," that she made at the 2014 WCBB Final was a classic.
And also during the Louisville-UConn final a couple of years ago. She's clearly pro-UConn, so I'll put up with it. Plus I have two eyes of my own so I really don't need her for play by play.

Reaction Score
And also during the Louisville-UConn final a couple of years ago. She's clearly pro-UConn, so I'll put up with it. Plus I have two eyes of my own so I really don't need her for play by play.
As long as she is pro-UCONN she can talk as much as she wants to talk!

Reaction Score
Why are you so against Doris Burke? She's knowledgeable, she talks about the game without all the irrelevant ramblings of some announcers and she stuck up for Geno when Muffet said there was a loss of class at the top.

Reaction Score
Simply stated, she talks too much; way too much. Like I said, Doris has fallen down and can't shut up. Sorry, I take no pleasure in this observation, but I know it is shared by many.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
chrissaran said:
Why are you so against Doris Burke? She's knowledgeable, she talks about the game without all the irrelevant ramblings of some announcers and she stuck up for Geno when Muffet said there was a loss of class at the top.

Agreed!

Reaction Score
Simply stated, she talks too much; way too much. Like I said, Doris has fallen down and can't shut up. Sorry, I take no pleasure in this observation, but I know it is shared by many.
Doris Burke is the best; she's supposed to talk a lot; that's her job.
I will give you this was not one of her better nights, she's human like the rest of us.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Her job, as a color commentator is to explain and analyze the play. She doesn't do play-by-play (which is essentially narrating the video), nor does she step on or interrupt the person who does. I like hearing a woman who played serve as a key spokesperson for the women's game. She speaks the English grammar with conviction and clarity. Obviously, we may disagree among ourselves about matters of taste in media performance of any kind. I have my list of sports broadcasters I find tedious, but Burke just isn't on my list. I think she's good for the game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Doris is knowledgeable and occasionally offers perceptive insights. She doesn't chatter too much more than anyone else, and I much prefer her to some others, such as the idiot, Carolyn Peck. I tend to be hard on announcers, but I really don't see that there's much to complain about here.

Reaction Score
Be careful what you wish for. I sometime also tired of her mono tone however, at the end of the day Doris Burke is the only saint and high IQ announcer out there.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Weirdly, I love Doris when she does men's games. For some reason I can't stand her in women's, although I am starting to dislike her less. I think ESPN has really been having their commentators push certain storylines in the past few seasons to the detriment of her announcing.

Reaction Score
Her job, as a color commentator is to explain and analyze the play. She doesn't do play-by-play (which is essentially narrating the video), nor does she step on or interrupt the person who does. I like hearing a woman who played serve as a key spokesperson for the women's game. She speaks the English grammar with conviction and clarity. Obviously, we may disagree among ourselves about matters of taste in media performance of any kind. I have my list of sports broadcasters I find tedious, but Burke just isn't on my list. I think she's good for the game.
Well said. She's superb. We all have different opinions, but she is a top color commentator in my book. :)

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
- Oh sure, I used to complain too,..
- But that’s before I discovered playing Burke Broadcast Bingo.
Bingo 2.JPG

Reaction Score
You have to be joking. I was just so happy when she went to the NBA. She should be CALLED "Rambler." Viewers still want to know what the call was out on the court while she was fixated on Palmer in street clothes on the bench.

Reaction Score
The Bingo card needs "No Question!" and "Love this kid"
And, now I am mentally making up a card on myself...

Maybe we should do Geno cards too with lots of "really" and "really, really" ;)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
No color person yaps on as much as her. She has completed the cycle from being a "real find" to PITA. She takes away from the telecast.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
When I heard that DB was calling the game I said "oh no...Doris." I can't stand listening to her. She tries to make every comment sound like the most astute comment ever made, as if she wants to go down in history as the best broadcaster ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom