Doris Burke | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Doris Burke

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I’m not discrediting Doris’s accomplishments but I really don’t like her voice. And not really trying to look at her on the screen either. No offense Doris

giphy-downsized.gif

None taken!

Reaction Score
I’m not discrediting Doris’s accomplishments but . . .
Sure you are.
but I really don’t like her voice.
Well, that'd be a fair complaint if is an actual complaint.
And not really trying to look at her on the screen either.
You know, I'm pretty much the last guy to pull the misogyny card, but grow up man. She's an announcer for sports. She's not a model. And you've seen Dick Vitale, right? And Terry Bradshaw? And Ralph Kiner? And a thousand other male announcers who wouldn't rank a 4 on the traditional 10 point scale?
Why would you call out her looks other than because you're a sack of poo who believes that any assessment of a woman must include an assessment of her physical appearance and whether it appeals to you.
It's scummy. It's insulting. It's demeaning. It's fundamentally wrong. Nobody having a modicum of character and decency gives a flying fudge what you think of her looks.
No offense Doris
No offense JB.
T Emery - If this post is worthy of deletion, I'm sorry to have troubled you. The post is just an obvious example of the insidious sexism that infects our culture.

For me, I've always liked Doris Burke. She engaged in the game, she knows the players. She's 10 times better than clowns like Vitale and Packer. I'll take her any day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Doris Burke is truly remarkable. One of the few people who can do the color for a game without mentioning either team, any of their players, or anything going on in the game. Definitely a talent.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Who is worse ITT? The Doris is bad because she is a woman crowd? Or the “you can’t say Doris is bad just because she is a woman” crowd?

Reaction Score
Oh damn that jokes already been made twice in this thread. Just cross my name out next.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Doris is one of the best and really studies up on whatever she covers, which I cannot say for a number of personalities.

Reaction Score
Admittedly didn't read much of this thread. I am a fan of Miss Burke's. Congratulations to her and I hope to hear her for many more years to come.

Reaction Score
The basketball hall ain’t the baseball hall for getting in even though there’s plenty to argue about there. How do you equate Doris Burke and Ray Allen for induction deservedness? You can’t.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The basketball hall ain’t the baseball hall for getting in even though there’s plenty to argue about there. How do you equate Doris Burke and Ray Allen for induction deservedness? You can’t.
7 posts in, @Fishy clarified that Doris Burke received this year's annually-bestowed Curt Gowdy Award for broadcasting, through the Basketball Hall of Fame. In such context, please explain how your post makes sense.

Reaction Score
Lets call it like it is.

Most males don’t want to hear a female tell them about sports. Most of them haven’t actually played the sport, and even if you played in high school you feel like they just don’t know the core of the sport on the field.

And that’s why guys like Michael Irvin and Warren Sapp make a living as poorly spoken NFL analysts. They were the best at their craft.

Reaction Score
Lets call it like it is.

Most males don’t want to hear a female tell them about sports. Most of them haven’t actually played the sport, and even if you played in high school you feel like they just don’t know the core of the sport on the field.

And that’s why guys like Michael Irvin and Warren Sapp make a living as poorly spoken NFL analysts. They were the best at their craft.

Doris Burke is a better basketball player than 99% of the couch potatoes who complain about her.

pj

Reaction Score
7 posts in, @Fishy clarified that Doris Burke received this year's annually-bestowed Curt Gowdy Award for broadcasting, through the Basketball Hall of Fame. In such context, please explain how your post makes sense.

I thought her jump shot was a little weak for Hall of Fame consideration. And she was unable to play man-to-man defense.

Reaction Score
She knows her stuff and was a very good player I just don't find her voice all that compatible with the job and she kind of never shuts up. Other than that she seems like a nice person.

Reaction Score
Compared to women. Compared to men she might play D3. Maybe.
No, she's better at basketball than 99% of the male couch potatoes who complain about her and no she was never good enough to play men's D3 basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom