Dook and UVM in a dog fight. 61 - 59 with 11 min left | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dook and UVM in a dog fight. 61 - 59 with 11 min left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
if Duke gets by Alabama, that Duke/Zona matchup(I'm assuming Zona advances) in the PNIT final will be as ugly as the Sweet 16 matchup in 2011. They can't defend dribble penetration and have no one to protect the rim, McConnell, York, and Johnson will eat them alive on the perimeter and then they have Gordon, Ashley, Hollis-Jefferson, and Tarczewski to finish in the paint.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Even Jayson Williams was critical of that last call. When the former Duke players are calling BS on the officiating, you know it has gone too far.

Fun game to watch.

Reaction Score
Duke for the most part is the "chair" we speak of defensively. Wow, white guys blowing by them like they were standing still. This is not a FF team but will win it's share with Parker and Hood. But they really aren't very good.........

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The talking heads and many on this board keep saying that the top 6 teams or so play at a different level and can't be beaten. On paper, talent-wise, that has some validity. On the court, I'm not so sure. Vermont was 1-4 before this game with a 21 pt loss to Providence and a 23 pt loss to Bryant.

Dook is not very good at stopping dribble penetration...they are struggling without their trademark two-handed hand check.
No doubt they will come back to clean Vt's clock but go UVM!

In basketball almost any team can be beat. I don't think the Top 5 are that much better than the rest of basketball, and to be honest, I would not be surprised if 2 or 3 of last week's AP Top 5 are not in the Top 5 in 2 months. There are a lot of schools playing good basketball.

You are not seeing the bloodbath of early upsets by teams outside the Top 100 that you have seen in recent years. There are some, but it is not crazy, other than with the ACC which has seemed to get picked off quite a bit already.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I went on ESPN to see the highlights and this supposed 'bad' call against Vermont... ESPN highlights don't even show it, just show Duke hitting the free throws. Typical.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
I went on ESPN to see the highlights and this supposed 'bad' call against Vermont... ESPN highlights don't even show it, just show Duke hitting the free throws. Typical.

You can catch it on here ESPN3 at the 1:59:45 mark. Horrible call gives Duke the 1 point margin when it should have been a turnover with the score tied at 90. Ref doesn't give them the win with that bailout, but certainly gave them the advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom