Don't You Love These Titles | The Boneyard

Don't You Love These Titles

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Was Rocky reading a different article?

Meg has been getting more practice time with the starters--that will help her.

Interesting factoid on Megan's game at Temple:

"She also had six rebounds and five assists in that game to become the first UConn freshman since Tiffany Hayes in 2009 to have a game with at least 20 points, five rebounds and five assists."

We've had some pretty good freshmen since then, including Kelly Faris, Bria Hartley, Stef Dolson, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, Breanna Stewart, Morgan Tuck, Moriah Jefferson, Kia Nurse, Gabby Williams, Napheesa Collier, Katie Lou Samuelson, and Crystal Dangerfield. I believe there are 15 years worth of All-Americans in that list.

Reaction Score
We've had some pretty good freshmen since then, including Kelly Faris, Bria Hartley, Stef Dolson, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, Breanna Stewart, Morgan Tuck, Moriah Jefferson, Kia Nurse, Gabby Williams, Napheesa Collier, Katie Lou Samuelson, and Crystal Dangerfield. I believe there are 15 years worth of All-Americans in that list.

Maya Moore?

Reaction Score

Tina Charles?

Reaction Score
I thought this thread was going to be about national championship titles.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
dwhoops_1011_21_uconn_87_duke_51_1.jpg

Reaction Score
I guess my expectations for the article included more than inferential clues about playing time.
Actually, Rocky, I also finished the article feeling like it didn't give me what I wanted. Really appreciate Jim Fuller's coverage, but 1. she wasn't a "healthy scratch." that's football language for someone who doesn't suit up. she just didn't play, but she could have. 2. okay, that's pedantic on my part. but what I think is a little too simplistic is the inevitable, if you don't play defense in practice, you don't play in the game. Geno may have had lots of reasons for not sending a freshman into the game. he played only 6, but IIRC Aston only played 7. maybe there were match-up issues, etc. The story seemed too pat for me as a moral tale and didn't include any analysis of her actual game.

But, hey, I'm her fan-boy, and I'll take anything on Meg!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
You and Rocky must have enjoyed Milton Berle's jokes. He used to chastise his writers if their jokes were not sufficiently "lappy." He want a joke so he could lay it on the laps of his audience so they could not possibly miss the point of the joke. Fuller must learn to write his articles in a "lappy" manner, eh? ;)

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom