Don't Understand the Time of the Game | The Boneyard

Don't Understand the Time of the Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Surely CBS and ND could have scheduled the game earlier then 4 PM. Besides the NFL playoffs the game is also competing against ND's mens team who is playing Louisville today at 4 PM.

CBS is currently show Off Road racing followed by Penn St vs Mich State women's game at 2pm It would seem it would make more sense to show the ND vs UConn game at 2 pm, if not 12 noon. The 4 PM start makes no sense especially for ND fans who might also want to want then mens team play highly ranked Louisville.

Ruffian75

Uncle Mo of Posters
Reaction Score
Surely CBS and ND could have scheduled the game earlier then 4 PM. Besides the NFL playoffs the game is also competing against ND's mens team who is playing Louisville today at 4 PM.

CBS is currently show Off Road racing followed by Penn St vs Mich State women's game at 2pm It would seem it would make more sense to show the ND vs UConn game at 2 pm, if not 12 noon. The 4 PM start makes no sense especially for ND fans who might also want to want then mens team play highly ranked Louisville.

Wbb....there is no reasoning for what the powers-that-be do regarding wcb. How hard would it have been for ESPN to show the UConn / Baylor game on Tuesday night when no football was on? Exams were over and it was the beginning of Xmas break. They would have received a rating in the 2.0 to 3.0 range instead of 0.8. BUT NOOOOO!!! They choose to buck heads with Sunday Night Football.

blaqtech

Longtime Louisville Lover
Reaction Score

My two favorite teams both playing ND today.....WOW!

Reaction Score
Counterprogramming.

There's been a relatively long tradition of showing women's games opposite the NFL playoffs. I believe that was the genesis of the CBS version of the UConn-Tenn game in 96 or 97.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
My only problem with these annual doubleheaders on CBS is that the 1st game is always a Big 10 foul-fest that concludes after the UConn game has begun. While the Rutgers-Cincy game is already at halftime, the PSU-MSU game on CBS is still in the 1st half and there's another timeout as I type. The only positive is that PSU is so far behind it's unlikely the game will go to overtime.

Reaction Score
CBS doesn't care a WHIT about WCBB...I think somehow they are obligated to show it to satisfy some other contract. And I agree with Vowelguy, re.--counterprogramming. This is a pretty big game, 2 vs. 3, and even outside of the BE it should generate interest.

Ruffian75

Uncle Mo of Posters
Reaction Score
Counterprogramming.

There's been a relatively long tradition of showing women's games opposite the NFL playoffs. I believe that was the genesis of the CBS version of the UConn-Tenn game in 96 or 97.

'95...MLK day at Store...and don't forget CBS showed the FF until about 2000(?) when ESPN took over.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
My only problem with these annual doubleheaders on CBS is that the 1st game is always a Big 10 foul-fest that concludes after the UConn game has begun. While the Rutgers-Cincy game is already at halftime, the PSU-MSU game on CBS is still in the 1st half and there's another timeout as I type. The only positive is that PSU is so far behind it's unlikely the game will go to overtime.
I am definitely blaming this Penn State comeback on you!!!!

Reaction Score
'95...MLK day at Store...and don't forget CBS showed the FF until about 2000(?) when ESPN took over.

1995 game was was on ESPN. That's why I said the CBS version of the game.

As for the F4, ESPN took that over from CBS in 1996, I believe.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I am definitely blaming this Penn State comeback on you!!!!

So much for Mich State having a big lead. I'm already listening to WTIC in anticipation of OT.

It seems to happen ever year.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
1995 game was was on ESPN. That's why I said the CBS version of the game.

As for the F4, ESPN took that over from CBS in 1996, I believe.
you guys are good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman