Don't panic. . . | The Boneyard

Don't panic. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know you are all counting the number of teams left for #15 and #16. Don't forget there may be more than 2 spots to fill, this was a survival move by the ACC. They want to be the hunter not the hunted when FSU and possibly VT opt for the SEC. Also, Texas is not going to ACC, ND who knows?

Reaction Score
I am surprised to read that direct quote from FSU. So it seems VT and FSU are definitely in play for the SEC. That's a little bit shocking.

Reaction Score
No panic at all. UConn will land on its feet
what-me-worry-715605.jpg

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Meanwhile at the Big East offices in Providence...

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, maybe I missed it, but which direct quote?

It wasn't a direct quote. I misremembered it. Here is what I am referring to: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terps/bs-sp-terps-acc-expansion-0919-20110918,0,3391726.story

But officials from two ACC schools cautioned Sunday that the conference was not close to being ready to approve Connecticut — not all members are on board with that move — or any other school as a 15th or 16th member. The officials, who declined to be named while the matter was ongoing, declined to put a timetable on the next possible expansion.

One of the officials said there remained concerns about striking the proper balance between football and basketball. One member school, Florida State, has indicated its interest in making sure whatever conference it is in — including a reformulated ACC — has a high enough football profile. Florida State has formed a committee to examine its options.

In public remarks, Maryland and Duke were among the most ardent supporters of not standing pat.

Reaction Score
I am panicking. If K has his say it's going to be UConn, but it's pretty much all about football and may be more driven by FSU than Tobacco Road.

Reaction Score
Just means it will be UConn along with a better FB program (WVU or perhaps TCU as a long shot). Rutgers just doesn't bring either to the ACC. They are in the same FB boat that UConn is (yes we've accomplished more, but we are pretty much on par in the eyes of most), but RU doesn't bring a top BB program. Sure they are closer to NYC, but that means squat. UConn and SU can deliver that market as much if not more.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
No panic at all. UConn will land on its feet
what-me-worry-715605.jpg

+1.

When was the last time UConn mis-stepped. Thay'll be okay in the end.

Reaction Score
Here's how this ends. The rest is just rubbernecking.

Pac-16 --> Texas+Texas Tech+OU+Okey State :This is done.
ACC-16 --> Pitt+Cuse+Uconn+Rutgers+?????? : Halfway done. Who will replace FSU?
Big 10(12) --> ND(jumps when BE folds/reconstitutes)BE collapse fallout
SEC --)Texas A&M + Mizzou+ WVU+ FSU. Power play.

The only questions here are not "will Uconn get a seat?" but rather, who the hell is going to fill those final 5 slots.

Once the B1G absorbs ND, that leaves them at 12 if I am not mistaken, and all of the semi-desirable programs in the NE market are GONE. I predict they grab Kansas, but after that where do they go? KState?Cincy? not a lot of great regional options.

This comes back to my main point. Uconn is actually in a good spot right now, as this relization is hitting the conference commissioners. There are about 2 bigtimers left for the taking, and UConn happens to be one of them.

Reaction Score
Here's how this ends. The rest is just rubbernecking.

Pac-16 --> Texas+Texas Tech+OU+Okey State :This is done.
ACC-16 --> Pitt+Cuse+Uconn+Rutgers+?????? : Halfway done. Who will replace FSU?
Big 10(12) --> ND(jumps when BE folds/reconstitutes)BE collapse fallout
SEC --)Texas A&M + Mizzou+ WVU+ FSU. Power play.

The only questions here are not "will Uconn get a seat?" but rather, who the hell is going to fill those final 5 slots.

Once the B1G absorbs ND, that leaves them at 12 if I am not mistaken, and all of the semi-desirable programs in the NE market are GONE. I predict they grab Kansas, but after that where do they go? KState?Cincy? not a lot of great regional options.

This comes back to my main point. Uconn is actually in a good spot right now, as this relization is hitting the conference commissioners. There are about 2 bigtimers left for the taking, and UConn happens to be one of them.

The B1G is already at 12. If the add just ND they sita t 13 (they added Nebraska this year).

Reaction Score
The B1G is already at 12. If the add just ND they sita t 13 (they added Nebraska this year).

That's right, my bad. Who is #13,14,15,16 for B1G, I just don't see the programs out there... Do they stop at 14 if ND and ??? come over?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Don't panic? Too late for that after Pitt and Cuse pulled the ripcord. Everything would have been fine if they stuck together with the Big East. But now the effed everything up. When the best case scenario is joining the ACC, it just sucks.

Reaction Score
Big 10 could get KU and KSU to get to 14, ND to get to 15 and possibly Cincy to give a state rival to OSU, though I'd guess that OSU would vehemently oppose adding Cincy.

Reaction Score
Big 10 could get KU and KSU to get to 14, ND to get to 15 and possibly Cincy to give a state rival to OSU, though I'd guess that OSU would vehemently oppose adding Cincy.
Cincy to the B1G? I think we have heard it all now.

Reaction Score
I am panicking. If K has his say it's going to be UConn, but it's pretty much all about football and may be more driven by FSU than Tobacco Road.

FSU drove the bus last expansion and look where it got them.

Reaction Score
FSU drove the bus last expansion and look where it got them.

FSU is in a great spot. Stay in stable ACC or jet to premier SEC. Its FSU and Miami that hold the cards to the next step in this game of musical chairs. If they stay put, ACC/Big 10 pick up NE scraps and solidify.

If they Jump to SEC, FSU in particular, then they play the music again and things get even dirtier as the ACC has to make another move.

Reaction Score
I just don't see Miami as having any juice in who te ACC targets. FSU, that;s a different story.

Reaction Score
FSU is in a great spot. Stay in stable ACC or jet to premier SEC. Its FSU and Miami that hold the cards to the next step in this game of musical chairs. If they stay put, ACC/Big 10 pick up NE scraps and solidify.

If they Jump to SEC, FSU in particular, then they play the music again and things get even dirtier as the ACC has to make another move.

Miami isn't involved. The SEC wants nothing to do with them. VT is much more their speed.

Reaction Score

By the way, by "them," I meant the ACC. It watered down their bball.

Reaction Score
haha, I'm all over the place this morning, I mean Vatech not DeathPenaltyU... my bad fellas.

Reaction Score
Would Florida really be okay with FSU joining them in the SEC ?

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Would Florida really be okay with FSU joining them in the SEC ?

No. There is an purported gentleman's agreement among FL, KY, UGA, and USC that the 4 poor cousins of those schools FSU, Ville, GT, and Clemson, would be held up on entry into the SEC by the others.

Reaction Score
No. There is an purported gentleman's agreement among FL, KY, UGA, and USC that the 4 poor cousins of those schools FSU, Ville, GT, and Clemson, would be held up on entry into the SEC by the others.

We've seen how gentleman's agreements play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom