Don't look if you don't want to be scared. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Don't look if you don't want to be scared.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Frequently during our games, the commentators will mention how Whaley has played X many minutes over X many games and only taken 2-3 shots total. They then say that Ollie thinks it's good because he's playing his role. That comment almost makes it sound like there's been an intentional freeze in Whaley's offensive development. You can see him get the ball down low in position to take a shot, looking like he wants to, and then kicking it out to anyone else he can find. It looks very much like behavior that's been dictated rather than decided independently/running on instinct.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Coppin st we played them tough

Coppin State is like that one friend you have who, no matter how low you sink, is always more pathetic than you are and it really makes you appreciate having them around.

Reaction Score
Frequently during our games, the commentators will mention how Whaley has played X many minutes over X many games and only taken 2-3 shots total. They then say that Ollie thinks it's good because he's playing his role. That comment almost makes it sound like there's been an intentional freeze in Whaley's offensive development. You can see him get the ball down low in position to take a shot, looking like he wants to, and then kicking it out to anyone else he can find. It looks very much like behavior that's been dictated rather than decided independently/running on instinct.

Whaley banked a jumper from inside the freethrow line. He has yet to take a shot that doesn't look like it's painful leaving his hand. I think you're overthinking this in trying to find something to criticize Ollie for.

He's not intentionally freezing Whaley's development - I would hope Whaley is getting a ton of shots up in practice - he's playing to his strengths in games. Literally every coach in the world does the same thing. Why didn't Calhoun have Okafor shooting threes?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Whaley banked a jumper from inside the freethrow line. He has yet to take a shot that doesn't look like it's painful leaving his hand. I think you're overthinking this in trying to find something to criticize Ollie for.

He's not intentionally freezing Whaley's development - I would hope Whaley is getting a ton of shots up in practice - he's playing to his strengths in games. Literally every coach in the world does the same thing. Why didn't Calhoun have Okafor shooting threes?

I'm not expecting him to be draining threes or even 10 footers, but would like to see him at least attempt to do something with the ball down low when he's in good position. There's no denying that his mid-range jumper has been ugly.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

I've always wondered that about Okafor's three point shooting. An obvious mismanagement of talent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom