Don't look if you don't want to be scared. | The Boneyard

Don't look if you don't want to be scared.

Reaction Score
How are assists looking?

And assist to turnover ratio?

Too scared to look AT THAT.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
One out of four ain't bad...at least against a field of 351 teams. Ironically rebounding was the big weakness among the past several UConn teams. So we are somewhat better at one of the worst things, and we're junior college dumpster fire bad at everything else. It's almost a miracle that we're hovering around .500 for the season.

Reaction Score
It's a total scrap and rebuild from the coach down...except Carlton who has potential to be very good with proper development
I was thinking that during the game. If it was poker, I would keep Carlton, Whaley, CV as a 3rd or 4th guard and trade the rest in for a new set of cards.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It's a total scrap and rebuild from the coach down...except Carlton who has potential to be very good with proper development
And Whaley. I think polley too but is out of sorts due to a different lineup every night. Gilbert when healthy

Reaction Score
And Whaley. I think polley too but is out of sorts due to a different lineup every night. Gilbert when healthy
Carlton Polley Whaley Gilbert and Diarra. Blow the rest up and start from scratch starting with the staff.

Reaction Score
I agree. Carlton is the only one worth salvaging. I am not sure what people see in Polley and Whaley. Yeah they are freshmen but at this point in the season, they should be showing signs of being able to play at this level - as Carton is doing. Polley looks absolutely lost out there and Whaley would need to develop a much stronger body for his type of game but that usually does not happen with these kids. Vital is a tough kid but is too undisciplined and after 2 years in system that is chaotic and allows him to jack shots up whenever he wants, I can't see him changing with a more disciplined coached. And after 2 seasons of injuries, I highly doubt Gilbert will be much more than the shadow of potential he was in high school. And if he does somehow regain his full ability, my guess is he will transfer to get a fresh start.

Cartlton is the only guy who seems to be improving and looks like he can play at this level.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Nonsense on the players. The players are coming along in most cases. Diarra just needs a chance to play. Great motor and body. Carlton is our best big in years, already, as a freshman. Whaley shows superb shot blocking instincts. We haven't had that in a player his size, probably since Donyell. He needs to work on his offensive game and strength. Polley needs to work on everything, including dribbling and shooting. But his defense is decent. Vital needs to work on not playing like a cocky street kid who thinks he's Jordan. Some better defense would help as well. He can shoot and rebounds well. Haven't seen enough of Gilbert to comment. Williams is similar. I just don't know what he might become. Great energy when he plays.

I assume the rest are gone. There is no reason to "scrap" anything but the coaching staff. Most of these guys have no business being on the court as freshmen. Do you think Polley would play a s freshman on a normal UConn team? Hell no. Vital wouldn't have played last year either, except in garbage time, on most of our past teams.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
What do you expect when you have only 2 scorers on a team (Adams, .5 CV, .5 TL)
Take Adams out and there is absolutely no other reliable scorer.
I won't even get into TL's defense that was horrible, as usual, last night - yeah he grabbed some rebounds but that's because he is not paying attention to being in any opponents face.
Adams looks like he is tired and beat up but you can't afford to sit him
This is not a good team at all

Curiouser
Reaction Score
And Pikiell just got an extension and a raise.

Reaction Score
And Pikiell just got an extension and a raise.

To be fair they have a top 20 defense in the country. We're not in the top 100 of that either.

Reaction Score
What do you expect when you have only 2 scorers on a team (Adams, .5 CV, .5 Larrier)
Take Adams out and there is absolutely no other reliable scorer.
I won't even get into Larrier's defense that was horrible, as usual, last night - yeah he grabbed some rebounds but that's because he is not paying attention to being in any opponents face.
Adams looks like he is tired and beat up but you can't afford to sit him
This is not a good team at all

Yeah I'm sure the talent on the team is worse than 300 other teams. Give it up.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
  • Field Goal %
    335th
    40.4 FG%
  • 3-point %
    331st
    30.6 3P%
  • Points Scored
    311th
    1419 Pts
  • Total Rebounds
    139th
    36.3 RPG
So you're saying, our strength is rebounding?

Reaction Score
It’s really funny to hear fans say that all we need is better coaching and development of the youngsters. We’ll be fine. Well, no we won’t. Those fg and 3 point stats aren’t going to self cure. Reminds me of those “Brimah will develop or Jalen’s shooting will improve over the summer”. The only things developing over the summer are your weeds. We need players who are better shooters for starters, and those guys are not on our team, yet.

Reaction Score
Nonsense on the players. The players are coming along in most cases. Diarra just needs a chance to play. Great motor and body. Carlton is our best big in years, already, as a freshman. Whaley shows superb shot blocking instincts. We haven't had that in a player his size, probably since Donyell. He needs to work on his offensive game and strength. Polley needs to work on everything, including dribbling and shooting. But his defense is decent. Vital needs to work on not playing like a cocky street kid who thinks he's Jordan. Some better defense would help as well. He can shoot and rebounds well. Haven't seen enough of Gilbert to comment. Williams is similar. I just don't know what he might become. Great energy when he plays.

I assume the rest are gone. There is no reason to "scrap" anything but the coaching staff. Most of these guys have no business being on the court as freshmen. Do you think Polley would play a s freshman on a normal UConn team? Hell no. Vital wouldn't have played last year either, except in garbage time, on most of our past teams.
Fair points - hard to separate talent from lack of coaching development

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We just lost to UCF after getting blown out by a .500 Temple team. This in not surprising.

What is surprising is that there a re people who think it's just going to turn around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom