Don't know if it was the same | The Boneyard

Don't know if it was the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
But once again I was robbed.

Four years ago someone stole a flagpole and the 2004 national champion flag that it was flying. With a slightly different setup since (making it more difficult to remove a flagpole) I have flown far more flags since and had gone unscathed until today. Some broke one of my four flagpoles (no small feat as they are fiberglass) and took the two flags it was flying (again, a 2004 national champion, the replacement of the previously stolen flag and a Chicago Bear flag that I fly for a tailgate buddy who is a huge Bear fan).

I'm not sure what has me more pissed off, the game or the vandalism/theft.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
FDNY, my buddy (the Bears fan) is an electrician. He wants to devise a way to wire the flagpoles so that when activated anyone touching them will get zapped. Being fiberglass would make that a very difficult task and I imagine the finished product would be quite dangerous.

Reaction Score
FDNY, my buddy (the Bears fan) is an electrician. He wants to devise a way to wire the flagpoles so that when activated anyone touching them will get zapped. Being fiberglass would make that a very difficult task and I imagine the finished product would be quite dangerous.
I'm sure he can rig it with low voltage powered by batteries that would do the trick.

Reaction Score
Diaco and those thieves are both stealing our time and money. Sorry you had the theft happen. Likely someone drunk.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Diaco and those thieves are both stealing our time and money. Sorry you had the theft happen. Likely someone drunk.

And currently going to school on mom and dads dime. Your flags are probably now adorning a dorm room in the jungle.

Reaction Score
Sorry to hear about that. A little expanded presence of the attendants during the game might be in order. Perhaps some video monitoring? Check with the Russians they may have something.

Reaction Score
Rather than start a new thread I'll post here.

So I bought the two tickets next to my season tix, and brought my wife, 6 year old son, and 5 year old daughter.

The drunks are out of control at the rent. I used to think these accounts were vastly exaggerated. Now, I'm seeing their not. In our section we had UConn fans starting stuff with SU fans, and others with UConn fans. Dropping bombs left and right. I'll think long and hard before bringing my kids again.

Never thought I would be the guy reporting obnoxious behavior,but I won't bring the kids again without having the text number to report drunks Handy. As if things with the game weren't bad enough you got that one idiot yelling for people to "make noise" all game.

Reaction Score
But once again I was robbed.

Four years ago someone stole a flagpole and the 2004 national champion flag that it was flying. With a slightly different setup since (making it more difficult to remove a flagpole) I have flown far more flags since and had gone unscathed until today. Some broke one of my four flagpoles (no small feat as they are fiberglass) and took the two flags it was flying (again, a 2004 national champion, the replacement of the previously stolen flag and a Chicago Bear flag that I fly for a tailgate buddy who is a huge Bear fan).

I'm not sure what has me more pissed off, the game or the vandalism/theft.

FCN - Were you straight back from D gate entrance - maybe a half dozen rows from roadway/handicap parking? I noticed the multiple poles before the game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Rather than start a new thread I'll post here.

So I bought the two tickets next to my season tix, and brought my wife, 6 year old son, and 5 year old daughter.

The drunks are out of control at the rent. I used to think these accounts were vastly exaggerated. Now, I'm seeing their not. In our section we had UConn fans starting stuff with SU fans, and others with UConn fans. Dropping bombs left and right. I'll think long and hard before bringing my kids again.

Never thought I would be the guy reporting obnoxious behavior,but I won't bring the kids again without having the text number to report drunks Handy. As if things with the game weren't bad enough you got that one idiot yelling for people to "make noise" all game.

This is why I sit in the top corner with no one around.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
FCN - Were you straight back from D gate entrance - maybe a half dozen rows from roadway/handicap parking? I noticed the multiple poles before the game.
Yes.

Medic, if you see my flags again feel free to stop by for an introduction, food & beverages.

This offer is open to any boneyarder.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yup me too. 2007. Stay warm in the sun and nobody around.

Well then I'm sure we'd recognize each other. I've been sitting in 205 this year though against the cement instead of the fence.

Reaction Score
Yes.

Medic, if you see my flags again feel free to stop by for an introduction, food & beverages.

This offer is open to any boneyarder.

Thx - We were across the roadway separating the two lots. The reason I asked was you were in the midst of the tailgate, people/vehicles on all sides - not tucked away in a corner or outskirts... ballsy move in a sense by the skells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom