Don't freak out! | The Boneyard

Don't freak out!

Reaction Score
It might be viewed that way. But it was also a so-called trap game. Plus Villanova is very good — by no means an average team. And we were worn down, with virtually no bench while coming off Tennessee amidst a tight schedule.

Reaction Score
Yesterday was a reversion to the mean game. Those are games that bring you back to earth. The skill is not losing those games while you returning to earth.
good point..........the bottom line is that they won even though they didn't play particularly well............the W still counts, and UConn can show Villanova what they missed the next time they meet in a few weeks......

Reaction Score
As tired and beat up the Uconn team is, these next 7 days I would spend in a Sauna and Hot Tub, giving my body much needed love, if Uconn has them. From experience, I know what a hot tub can do to ease aches and pains. Simple but effective therapy. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Suggest relieving the mind stress as much as the body aches.
Build a snow man (woman), look at clouds, read some poetry, play a board game.
All this traveling and angst about injured teammates takes its toll.
Playing nail biters like the last two certainly adds to the mental & emotional strain .
Nika, lay off the heavy bag for a day or two.

Reaction Score
As tired and beat up the Uconn team is, these next 7 days I would spend in a Sauna and Hot Tub, giving my body much needed love, if Uconn has them. From experience, I know what a hot tub can do to ease aches and pains. Simple but effective therapy. GO HUSKIES!!!
Sauna and hot tub sounds great; unfortunately, a soaking in the ice tub is much more likely

Reaction Score
As tired and beat up the Uconn team is, these next 7 days I would spend in a Sauna and hot tub, giving my body much needed love, if Uconn has them. From experience, I know what a hot tub can do to ease aches and pains. Simple but effective therapy. GO HUSKIES!!!
The logistics of transporting and setting up the Sauna and Hot Tub on court for the Providence game would be daunting. Plus I think Lou would be about the only Husky who could hit threes from a hot tub.

Reaction Score
good point..........the bottom line is that they won even though they didn't play particularly well............the W still counts, and UConn can show Villanova what they missed the next time they meet in a few weeks......
Don't underestimate the quality of the Villanova team, and its coaching. They are a good team and played good defense.

Reaction Score
Don't underestimate the quality of the Villanova team, and its coaching. They are a good team and played good defense.
Denise Dillon is a very good head coach. She is very good at defense and she had
over a week to prepare for the Huskies. So, while I was surprised, I give credit where
credit is due.

Reaction Score
yes, they are and they did but a refreshed UConn team (if that's possible) not following a huge national tv matchup will be far more prepared to take on Villanova a second time...........I believe they played each other for the second time in the Big East tournament last year after losing the first game to Villanova..............UConn won 70-40........

Reaction Score
Yesterday was a reversion to the mean game. Those are games that bring you back to earth. The skill is not losing those games while you returning to earth.
I think it was more an extreme value; the next game should be the regression back to Connecticut's usual very high mean.

Reaction Score
Reversion to the mean implies back to our average. Clearly it was below average for us. But we still won. This is actually one of our hallmarks, we consistently play well enough to win. We have very few losses to teams outside the top 16 teams.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
It was more FOULfense than defense that Nova played, the refs just didn't call them.
They had 18 fouls called on 7 players, while UConn had 12 fouls called on 5 players. We went 18-21, while they went 10-11. So they may have missed a few calls on them, but we did end up on the plus side at the line. I think they mugged Lou quite often, and got away with a few too. Our exhausted team could not get their flow going, partly the low energy and partly Nova's plan to defend us.

Reaction Score
yes, they are and they did but a refreshed UConn team (if that's possible) not following a huge national tv matchup will be far more prepared to take on Villanova a second time...........I believe they played each other for the second time in the Big East tournament last year after losing the first game to Villanova..............UConn won 70-40........
All true. But South Carolina looms.

Reaction Score
All true. But South Carolina looms.
Hopefully, that last game was an anomaly............I expect better play tonight against a decent but overmatched Providence team........this is the prep game for South Carolina so I expect them to play with a lot more precision through three quarters and then let the bench get some floor time.....

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'll Freak Out if I want to. I may just go ahead and listen to it now. :p

FreakOut%21.jpg

Reaction Score
Should we freak out now after the Providence game was worse than the Villanova game?

Reaction Score
Hopefully, that last game was an anomaly............I expect better play tonight against a decent but overmatched Providence team........this is the prep game for South Carolina so I expect them to play with a lot more precision through three quarters and then let the bench get some floor time.....
Nope

Reaction Score
Nope
Disappointing for sure but I guess this team is running on fumes right now...........certainly doesn't bode well for the South Carolina game which would have been difficult if Azzi and Caroline were playing..........this team seems to rise to the occasion against better competition when rested and healthy but I'm already writing off the results of the South Carolina game hoping UConn will have a decent showing without any further injuries and instead focusing on the rest of the regular season........

Reaction Score
Disappointing for sure but I guess this team is running on fumes right now...........certainly doesn't bode well for the South Carolina game which would have been difficult if Azzi and Caroline were playing..........this team seems to rise to the occasion against better competition when rested and healthy but I'm already writing off the results of the South Carolina game hoping UConn will have a decent showing without any further injuries and instead focusing on the rest of the regular season........
I said it during the chat. This team is wiped out and running on fumes. The game Sunday against SC was set up as a great match before all the injuries. Doesn't really mean a whole lot though, either way. Bragging rights maybe, but with all of UConn's injuries, not sure how much SC could brag.

They could sit A. Boston and Z. Cooke. More even at that point and would simulate UConn's injuries. Bet Dawn doesn't do that though! LOL

Reaction Score
I said it during the chat. This team is wiped out and running on fumes. The game Sunday against SC was set up as a great match before all the injuries. Doesn't really mean a whole lot though, either way. Bragging rights maybe, but with all of UConn's injuries, not sure how much SC could brag.

They could sit A. Boston and Z. Cooke. More even at that point and would simulate UConn's injuries. Bet Dawn doesn't do that though! LOL
that's why I'm a bit confused why some here get insulted when UConn isn't rated the number two team in the country in the rankings......could you see this team defeating Stanford right now? I don't think so.......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom