Don't Cry For me....... | The Boneyard

Don't Cry For me.......

Reaction Score
According to the Louisville newspapers, although Coach Walz had himself a pretty good post-season run he lost out on some pretty hefty spare cash…….

In the bank:
Base salary: $1,475,000
ACC Co-Champs: $40,000
NCAA Sweet 16: $50,000
Elite 8: $20,000
Total: $1,585,000

UConn stole:
NCAA Final 4: $100,000
NCAA Champs: $200,000

Still eligible:
AP or WBCA Coach of the Year: $50,000
Team Academic Progress Rate Score of at least 950 and cumulative team GPA of at least 3.0: $50,000

Lucky assistants:
Assistant coaches will receive bonuses worth 1/12 of their respective salaries for Louisville's participation in the NCAA Tournament.

June Sweetener:
Last June Louisville extended Walz's contract through 2025 and gave him a pay bump of $325,000.

Future windfall:
One can only imagine the wheelbarrow filled with cash & bonuses that Tennessee will wheel in front of him!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I know the rumors are rampant, but I still wonder why he would leave a program he has built from the ground up and where he has been treated very well by the University and the community as well.

TN will continue for a long time being someone else's program that he is caretaking - seems a strange choice to make.

Reaction Score
I know the rumors are rampant, but I still wonder why he would leave a program he has built from the ground up and where he has been treated very well by the University and the community as well.

TN will continue for a long time being someone else's program that he is caretaking - seems a strange choice to make.
Well stated..

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Agree it makes no sense. Not saying he won't, but it makes no sense.

He'd be stepping down in program. Stepping down in League. I can't see TN bumping his salary up. And he's from KY.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Agree it makes no sense. Not saying he won't, but it makes no sense.
Unless of course this is just posturing for Louisville bump in salary. Then it makes perfect sense.

Reaction Score
Yeah I don't see him making that crazy of a decision. I see them picking an up and coming coach...Although Whalen did a great job with MN in her first year so a recent professional retiree could be appealing...

Reaction Score

I would think you would want to build your own legend at Louisville and not walk in the shadow of Pat at Tennessee. Staying at UConn didn't hurt Geno.

Reaction Score
Yeah I don't see him making that crazy of a decision. I see them picking an up and coming coach...Although Whalen did a great job with MN in her first year so a recent professional retiree could be appealing...
Whalen was born in Minnesota, grew up in Minnesota, played HS ball in Minnesota, played college ball in Minnesota, played pro ball in Minnesota, and now coaches in Minnesota. Her next move will likely be Governor of Minnesota. :cool:-:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Whalen was born in Minnesota, grew up in Minnesota, played HS ball in Minnesota, played college ball in Minnesota, played pro ball in Minnesota, and now coaches in Minnesota. Her next move will likely be Governor of Minnesota. :cool:-:rolleyes:
Can we vote for her on the BY? It might take some extreme gerrymandering, but I'm in. ;)

Reaction Score
Not to be political, but Jesse "The Body" Ventura made it to the Minnesota Governor's Mansion so she should be a shoo-in

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom