Don't count out Mike Nebrich | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Don't count out Mike Nebrich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Relating to your post on QB's Carl, there was a picture in the Courant that caught Coach P's reaction to K. Moore's drop early in the second half against L'ville. This was the game that really got away and sealed our lack of a Bowl game this year. There were many plays to be made that day and we didn't make them. The Coach's put the team in position to win and things went wrong. Nobody got thrown under the bus, there was no panic, but there was frustration shown in that picture that when one leak was stopped, another would appear somewhere else. The second half against Cinci gave me confidence that this year will be much better. Sucked that Kashif got hurt and wasn't able to finish his college career on the field. The chips were down and our team played right to the end all out. I wish the Spring game was only a couple of weeks away. Coming off last season there are going to be some hungry Husky Dogs this year. Let's all enjoy the ride!

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
One thing folks are forgetting is Edsall was going to run more or a dual threat attack. Why McCummings and Nebrich were brought in by the staff. Now when Pasqualoni came in here wanted to a pro style offense and McEntee was more suited for his offense.
Now with a year under their belts. Both Nebrich and McCummings should be better prepared for this upcoming spring. That will tell a lot about this upcoming season and who will lead this team in 2012.

Reaction Score
Nebrich didn't get an opportunity.

We were down by a thousand points against WVU, and P still didn't get him any snaps. He just kept sending Mac out there for three and after three and out.

The reason to play a qb at any point in a blowout is to get them experience. At that point in the season PP thought thought that MacEntee was more deserving of the experience because he had shown him that he was the better qb and he could win him more games. At that point PP was still in the business of trying to make a bowl game and had no reason to throw in the backup qb.

Why would you give time to a qb that you arent sure will ever be the starter over a qb that is going to be the starter the rest of the year? You can't say that MN was never given a shot when you weren't in practice with them so please stop. We all saw the 3 headed monster at qb for a few games and most on this board hated it. I can say that from what I saw on the field PP made the right call.

Dont get me wrong throughout the season I wanted MN to win the job but he didn't. don't put that on PP MN didn't win the job put that on him JM won the job give him the credit he deserves and stop blaming the coach.

Reaction Score
I think you should stop with this, and just pay attention to how things happen on the field for awhile. How did yanking around QB's work for Edsall at UConn? Got the team so effed up that we had our first shut out in years. How did it work for him in his first year at Maryland?

I suppose you were ok with the QB shuffle though, the way Edsall handled it for years from the moment Orlovsky left, til the day that Frazer came back on the field against WVU in '10. Probably were ok, b/c it reflected the basketball mentality, that works, when your point guard isn't working out and you toss up the lineup until it does start to work.

I wanted to deck him the way he handled QB's.

You don't like the consistency answer that Pasqualoni gave for going with McEntee last year, becuase you don't undertand it. To me, it makes sense. You don't pull a QB when things are going wrong, unless you completely are prepared for your entire team to change, and your team's complete confidence that their coache's are behind them and supporting them is absolutely essential for any player to go out on that field and lay down their body with no fear.

No amount of writing, on my part, clearly will be able to get you to begin to comprehend why being consistent with McEntee, and calling his number, and letting him throw the ball, was a big part of why we were able to compete for a title late into the season, adn play for a post season opportunity on the last day of the season.

Hopefully it helps other people understand though.

Yes, I agree it was faulty handling of the QBs by P. It really needs to get fixed. What is disappointing is that instead of learning from the Vandy debacle. He just got more stubborn.

And you COMPLETELY miss the point that before the season, P said that the deciding factor in QB choice would be PRODUCTION. Then during the season he said it was continuity. Or as you call it consistency.

What is the point of sticking with consistency, if the QB is consistently bad and the team is consistently losing? Get it?

Reaction Score
Yes, I agree it was faulty handling of the QBs by P. It really needs to get fixed. What is disappointing is that instead of learning from the Vandy debacle. He just got more stubborn.

And you COMPLETELY miss the point that before the season, P said that the deciding factor in QB choice would be PRODUCTION. Then during the season he said it was continuity. Or as you call it consistency.

What is the point of sticking with consistency, if the QB is consistently bad and the team is consistently losing? Get it?

I think you're completely ignoring the fact that most of the losses last year were due to the fact that our defense couldn't stop anything through the air

There were at least 2 to 3 games where the offense put us in a spot to win the game and all the D had to do was make one huge stop and they couldn't

I'm not saying we were the bees knees when it came to scoring points, but there were multiple games where we scored 20 - 24 points and our defense didn't make the stop

Reaction Score
I think you should stop with this, and just pay attention to how things happen on the field for awhile. How did yanking around QB's work for Edsall at UConn? Got the team so effed up that we had our first shut out in years. How did it work for him in his first year at Maryland?

I suppose you were ok with the QB shuffle though, the way Edsall handled it for years from the moment Orlovsky left, til the day that Frazer came back on the field against WVU in '10. Probably were ok, b/c it reflected the basketball mentality, that works, when your point guard isn't working out and you toss up the lineup until it does start to work.

I wanted to deck him the way he handled QB's.

You don't like the consistency answer that Pasqualoni gave for going with McEntee last year, becuase you don't undertand it. To me, it makes sense. You don't pull a QB when things are going wrong, unless you completely are prepared for your entire team to change, and your team's complete confidence that their coache's are behind them and supporting them is absolutely essential for any player to go out on that field and lay down their body with no fear.

No amount of writing, on my part, clearly will be able to get you to begin to comprehend why being consistent with McEntee, and calling his number, and letting him throw the ball, was a big part of why we were able to compete for a title late into the season, adn play for a post season opportunity on the last day of the season.

Hopefully it helps other people understand though.

Did Palatine just get blasted for being an Edsall apologista? Seriosly, this board has become unreadable. No one who wasn't here 18 months ago should be allowed to post. We could avoid much of this waste.

Reaction Score
GUYS We got the same if not better production from the QB postion than the last 3 years. I give props to Coach P for getting Nebrich some snaps. Deleone stated he didnt have the concentration level and the new offense was much different than his high school. Lets not blame Coach P for not setting Mike Nebrich up to fail. Sounds like he is still learning the plays and hopefully this spring he shows up more polished because he is a kid with alot of potential.. We got 3 three star quarterbacks so i look to it as a fair competition.

Reaction Score
Did Palatine just get blasted for being an Edsall apologista? Seriosly, this board has become unreadable. No one who wasn't here 18 months ago should be allowed to post. We could avoid much of this waste.

Do I make the cut? i don't think I do. Please let me know.

Reaction Score

Name the last 2 QBs' that threw for 4 TD's in a single game in UConn football history.

Reaction Score

It's about building a fan-base. The elitist attitude you portray here isn't going to help anyone sell season tickets. Everyone is welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom