Don't Care What Y'All Say | The Boneyard

Don't Care What Y'All Say

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more. We had no business making a bowl this year and yet here we are. Congrats to this team and especially to the Seniors.

The defense is almost solid and now Diaco and Co. need to focus on the offense.

We have the playmakers and are bringing in more. It's time for the staff to make the offense the center of their attention for 2016. Get them going and look out, we can be a dominant team in 2016.

Reaction Score
I'm proud of the players. They showed a lot of heart this year. We have some solid pieces on this team and I'm looking forward to the 2016 season.
Good point. They are poorly led. Barely better than Pasqualoni.

Reaction Score
Exactly. The same people who went ballistic over today's performance are the ones who predicted a 3 or 4-win season.

Everyone gets angry in the heat of the moment, but most everyone will look back and be glad we even made a bowl this year. Baby steps. Future is still bright for this team.

Reaction Score
Glad we made a bowl but why not show up once we got there? I've never seen so many missed tackles and that two minute drill was down-right awful. Let's hope the guys are as sour as me and ready to work hard all offseason.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to next season. Defense plays great. Offensive line play must improve-if it does big swill happen. That we were talking UConn play December football this season was such a rush after the previous 4 seasons.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Part of his being apprehensive is the lack of separation by the wide outs.

There is zero comparison between this team and the team when pasqualoni was in charge.

Onto 2016 and better things

C

Chief00

I still maintain they were better not bowling this year - the offense was worse than awful. Number 4 is not a QB and unlike some poster's observations he did not check off numerous receivers - most plays he barely does more than a 2 Mississippi count and then runs. Just terrible offense plan and exciting. No sugar coating it.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Despite all the naysayers,this season was a good step in the right direction. Proud to say I'm a UCONN fan.

Yes we need to improve and that will come. But we have the right coaching staff to make it happen.

Looking forward to next season.

Reaction Score
Boneyard not known for patience. It's coming just give it some time. Hathaway had one big decision and he blew it with PP. This program was in bad shape when Diaco took over and has a big mountain to climb and we have at least finally begin moving in a positive direction. We also and I hate this aren't fun to watch. Just score some points please.

Reaction Score
I still maintain they were better not bowling this year - the offense was worse than awful. Number 4 is not a QB and unlike some poster's observations he did not check off numerous receivers - most plays he barely does more than a 2 Mississippi count and then runs. Just terrible offense plan and exciting. No sugar coating it.
Go back to your boxers

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Been saying it all along WERE ON THE WAY UP!!! Can't wait for signing day being back with my boneyard brothers and sisters having a couple of snaps and talking about the future and how we will kick again!! We may not have won today but.... It's all about 16'! Enjoy the new year!!

Reaction Score
Chief00 said:

Quite frankly, this is one of the dumber opinions I have ever seen expressed on the boneyard.

Are the players now worse-off having:

- experienced a bowl game/atmosphere?
- practiced for an extra 3 weeks?

Do you think our showing was bad enough that it will negatively effect the perception of our program? The game was on at 11AM the day after Christmas. This wasn't the fiesta bowl.

What would have been better about not bowling? Would love to hear even one valid reason. I don't think a coach of any 6-6 or better team in the country would agree with you.

Reaction Score
How someone who supposedly is or has been friendly with players - how could you want the seniors not to have the bowl experience? Are you that much of an asshat?

Whether it really matters with regards to how we perform next year? I don't know. But we played a close game and lost. For people that didn't watch it they won't look at a 42-7 score or anything.

Clearly this team has a lot of holes. So does every other 6-6 team going into a bowl.

If you are telling me there are too many bowls? I will agree with you. But to think we were better off shutting it down and staying home? I don't get it. Logic?

Reaction Score
He was definitely going through his progressions today. 4 is a better than average QB and without him we don't even come close to winning 6 games.

Reaction Score
I still maintain they were better not bowling this year.
Really? That's certainly not the opinion of the players. None of them had ever been to a bowl game. And the night before the game when I asked several players in the hotel what they thought about the "Bowl experience" (so far) they all said the same thing. They loved it--all of it--the trip, the sunny venue, the swag (gift cards to Best Buy, Beats headphones etc.) and the chance to play to a wider audience. They can't wait to work even harder next year to get back. And that's before losing, and wanting a chance at vindication. Those are the reasons we had to play in this game. It wasn't a glamorous time slot or a rousing spectacle on the field and yes we lost with a lackluster offensive effort, but the world will little note nor long remember what the score was or how we played. What's much more important is that the team had a chance to sample the dessert, and now want to come back for an even bigger slice of the pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom