OT: - Donovan Mitchell Scores 71 Points | The Boneyard

OT: Donovan Mitchell Scores 71 Points

Reaction Score
The individual performances from the stars this season are crazy, like nothing I've ever seen following the NBA. Some of these games Jokic, Luka, Giannis, Embiid, Tatum, Mitchell, Booker are putting up are nuts. The league is so wide open now to make plays with the way it's called and how defense is played. The stars are feasting, league is on pace to have it's highest scoring season in over 50 years.

MyDorona

The Hebrew Hammer
Reaction Score
Whenever I hear of Donovan doing something great in the NBA, I can't help but think of the career Jalen Adams could've had... and probably should've had, if he hadn't been a casualty of the Ollie years. Of the two Brewster Academy teammates, wasn't Jalen the better prospect?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Whenever I hear of Donovan doing something great in the NBA, I can't help but think of the career Jalen Adams could've had... and probably should've had, if he hadn't been a casualty of the Ollie years. Of the two Brewster Academy teammates, wasn't Jalen the better prospect?
I'm not sure that Ollie should be the sole beneficiary of blame and I think it's quite a stretch to believe Adam's could have been the player (especially in the NBA) that Mitchell is.

I can't say that I remember much if Mitchell as a freshman but for quite a bit (including the end) of his sophomore year it was clear that he was a lottery pick. Adam's never show more than rare flashes and seldom was projected as being drafted.

The biggest disparity was that Mitchell was always in top physical condition while Adams always had the body type of someone who should be spending more time in the gym if he wants to compete at the highest level.

I'm sure Ollie's lack of effort running the program did contribute to Adams lack of development but I believe it is safe to say that Adams would need to first look in the mirror.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom