Donovan Clingan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan

Reaction Score
He definitely missed 2 dunks in a game, I'm like 70% sure it was BU. They would have been pretty crazy dunks if they went in so maybe they just weren't counted as official FGA

But yes he's very good around the rim, super strong, and keeps the ball high which is super mature for a freshman. I feel like even if Sanogo leaves after this season, our frontcourt will still be one of the best in the conference. Before the season I thought Clingan would take until junior year to actually be a solid piece, but he is already one
He was fouled on at least one of them, so it doesn't count as a field goal attempt. Can't remember if the other was a foul too or maybe it was classified as a turnover/bad pass.

Reaction Score
I think the ability to throw him lobs in the paint is going to help floor spacing on drives so much. Bigs can’t cheat off him at all or they’ll pay in a way that we haven’t seen here in awhile. We saw it a couple of times on the pick and rolls against Buffalo.
Yeah the same way Creighton had done this to us with Kalkbrenner. Trying to maintain pressure on the ball, you’re gonna leave the roll open a few times, and with a 7’2” guy with hands who can move quick, that’s easy buckets. It’s going to be a lot of fun to have this weapon ready to come off the bench

Reaction Score
He definitely missed 2 dunks in a game, I'm like 70% sure it was BU. They would have been pretty crazy dunks if they went in so maybe they just weren't counted as official FGA

But yes he's very good around the rim, super strong, and keeps the ball high which is super mature for a freshman. I feel like even if Sanogo leaves after this season, our frontcourt will still be one of the best in the conference. Before the season I thought Clingan would take until junior year to actually be a solid piece, but he is already one
If you're counting the missed alley-oop as one that doesn't count as a FG attempt since it was a bad pass

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
To be fair, I don’t think even Clingan thought he’d be putting up lines like this (or getting this many minutes) so early into his career.
Foul trouble will be the only reason he doesn't see the floor

Reaction Score

What you're talking about is the two alley oop attempts in the BU game. Newton was called for a charge on the first alley oop pass and the defender was called for a foul on Clingan on the other one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom