Donovan Clingan Returning (Per Himself) | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan Returning (Per Himself)

Reaction Score
Lets Go Nba GIF by Storyful

Reaction Score
Well this is a nice sound bite for sure.

Wish the behind the scenes weren’t as complicated as they are. Lots of players with lots of options. I think Cling Kong is a hometown hero and is definitely back next year.

Just unsure what happens with Sanogo, it’s a huge domino to fall this off-season, and clearly affects DC’s decision

Reaction Score
I was low-key worried about him sticking around due to the first-round pick whispers from some draft experts.

LOVE when our CT guys are impact players! Centers, out of all positions, have the hardest time making an impact as freshmen but Clingan has exceeded my expectations by a mile.

Reaction Score

Hopefully it goes as well for Donovan as it did for Adama

Smart guy that Mr. Clingan. Putting your 19 year old son into the professional life of the NBA has to be scary. Some people are just looking at the money aspect of this but there's more to it than that to give yourself the best chance for a long and successful career. I think the Clingans are thinking about this the right way.

Reaction Score
Smart guy that Mr. Clingan. Putting your 19 year old son into the professional life of the NBA has to be scary. Some people are just looking at the money aspect of this but there's more to it than that to give yourself the best chance for a long and successful career. I think the Clingans are thinking about this the right way.
Well said. What a great family.

Reaction Score
Sometimes the kid can't gain anything by coming back, and can actually lose draft position.

DC showed such a small sample of what he can do, that he could easily take his draft stock from 20-30 to 5-15.

Honestly, it is often said that guys are better off improving in an NBA system with all the resources that they have available to them...
Logically that makes sense, except it doesn't happen nearly as often as you think it would. Not sure why, probably a mix of the franchise not being good enough at development (so many are lousy at this), the kid's motivation (it can be a real reality check to be sent to the g league, or on the bench for 2 years, some kids lose motivation), and the money changing things (even a back end 1st round contract is insane money that can disrupt the way a young man thinks about things[Thabeet]).

DH has shown us time and again that players develop in his system. This is a good choice for DC, imo.

Reaction Score
Hit the gym and practice, practice, practice. I'm sure Hurley doesn't mean jacking them. ;)
I would like to him jacking up half court threes, a few behind back, maybe even try to bounce some in. Give him the 40 minute green light. That would really get the crowd going.

Reaction Score
I would like to him jacking up half court threes, a few behind back, maybe even try to bounce some in. Give him the 40 minute green light. That would really get the crowd going.

Half court hook shots ala Curly Neal.

Reaction Score
Needs to cut down on fouls (averaged over 6 per 40 minutes) and improve on his 50% ft percentage or teams will foul him at end of games. One thing good about this year is we had guys in at end of game who made their ft's. I expect both to improve.

Reaction Score
This is big news. There are many, many players who would have gone pro in his position.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom