Donovan Clingan is the 7-foot-3 face of UConn basketball | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan is the 7-foot-3 face of UConn basketball

Reaction Score
It's all of a sudden the rebirth of the 7 foot center but if he's really 7'3 barefoot that puts him into the freaky group that only Wenbanyama and Edey occupy. He's enormous but is he really as tall as those two? I would love to see his height actually measured or him standing next to those two.

I just don't get why only listing him as 7-2 for this season? I mean, it's not that hard to edit the roster. It's not like a state secret.

Reaction Score
I just don't get why only listing him as 7-2 for this season? I mean, it's not that hard to edit the roster. It's not like a state secret.
He might not want the "curiosity" attention that guys that big get. But who knows. I know sometimes the teams just set the heights without even discussing it with the players (Kam Jones from Marquette at media day this week said the team bumped him up an inch and he had nothing to do with it).

Reaction Score
I think Edey measured 7'3.25" at the combine last season, so he's just a little shorter (but not much). Edey has a couple inches longer standing reach based on what was floating around for Clingan from before last season (though his arms could have grown, too...). Clingan is a much better run/jump athlete though.
Yep, there's a reason Edey is still in college as a senior and Clingan will be a top 10 pick after this season if healthy. I pray the foot thing is nothing but it has me shook.

Reaction Score
He might not want the "curiosity" attention that guys that big get. But who knows. I know sometimes the teams just set the heights without even discussing it with the players (Kam Jones from Marquette at media day this week said the team bumped him up an inch and he had nothing to do with it).
It's like Durant. Durant in reality is basically 7 feet, but always been listed at 6'9" because he felt like being called a 7-footer would impact how much he was able to handle the ball. Unfortunately, people assume a lot about how a guy plays based on height/weight

Reaction Score
If you have about an hour and want to know anything and everything about Donovan Clingan, then read this Mike Anthony article. Longest UConn article I've ever seen.

“Am I going to perform the way I want to this year? Am I going to live up to the expectations?” Clingan says. “In the back of my head, it’s just [that] I’m going to go out there and prove them all wrong and do more. I get nervous at times but I just try to flip my mentality, like, ‘I’m going to dominate. This is my year.’ My future, it’s not really something to be nervous about. I’ve just got to put the work in. It’s all up to me to determine where I go and what I do next.”

Alternate access:

Donovan Clingan is the 7-foot-3 face of UConn basketball. He’s still a small town CT kid at heart.

Finally got around reading this now.

A 100% must read for everyone here. Couldn’t help but tear up.

Fantastic piece.

Reaction Score
I think this article should be pinned until it gets at least 100 reactions. What a story. Thank you Clingan family & Mike Anthony for telling the tale. We UConn hoops fans are #Blessed

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
So happy we clinged to Clingan.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So happy we clinged to Clingan.
Disgusted Design GIF

Reaction Score
So how many Hilton Units is 7-3?

Clingan, who turns 20 in February, has grown another inch or so since arriving at UConn as a freshman in June 2022. He is now listed as weighing 280 pounds, 15 pounds heavier than last season, when he backed up Adama Sanogo and was among the most efficient post players in the nation.

Alternate access:

How big is Donovan Clingan? UConn men's basketball center listed at 7-2, but he might be taller

Reaction Score
So how many Hilton Units is 7-3?

Clingan, who turns 20 in February, has grown another inch or so since arriving at UConn as a freshman in June 2022. He is now listed as weighing 280 pounds, 15 pounds heavier than last season, when he backed up Adama Sanogo and was among the most efficient post players in the nation.

Alternate access:

How big is Donovan Clingan? UConn men's basketball center listed at 7-2, but he might be taller

Good lord he was one big baby.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom