Donovan Clingan drafted 7th to the Trail Blazers! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan drafted 7th to the Trail Blazers!

Reaction Score
Retired for Bill Walton.

That would definitely do it. Forgot he wore 32 for them.

walton.jpg

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Retired for Bill Walton.
Wow.

So he wore 32 to honor his mom, and in his second season he was granted an exception to continue wearing it for the balance of the season after UConn retired number 32 to honor Rip during the 25th anniversary celebration of UConn's 1st National Championship?

Reaction Score
“I went into Coach Hurley’s office and I was like, ‘yo coach I’ll come back, I’ll go for another one.’ He’s like ‘you’re out of your mind, bro, get the hell out of here.’ And I guess I had to go.

“It was probably like four days after we had won the title, but you know I was sad. I didn’t want to leave that place. I love UConn, coach Hurley, the staff, the people around me, and my teammates. Every time I walk in that building, it’s home. I went back twice last week and I still feel like I’m part of the team.”

Reaction Score
He could have increased his number by 1 and gone with 33 like Larry Legend. I'll bet Bill Walton would have said, "we will make an exception for that which is undeniably the most unstoppable force in the galaxy."

"8) Tonight’s start was electric. Just both teams riding quasars all the way to the top of the mountain to the promised land!"

I was never a big fan of the Trail Blazers logo. They need to update it to get out of that 70's-80's look

Reaction Score

“Assuming he signed for 120% of the rookie scale, which most first-rounders do, Clingan will earn $6,836,400 in 2024/25 and $31,085,018 over the next four seasons if his team options for years three and four are exercised.”

Awesome for Clingan.

Reaction Score
"He's been through a lot, losing his wife, having to raise two kids," Clingan said. "It's nothing that's easy as a father. So to share that moment with him after all the hard work he's put in the past two years and everything he's done for me and my sister, it was special. That was a night I'll remember forever just because of the people I had there, my family, all my friends."

Alternate access:
UConn men's basketball star Donovan Clingan signs NBA rookie contract with Portland Trail Blazers

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom