Donovan Clingan breaks 2000 points in high school career… | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan breaks 2000 points in high school career…

Reaction Score
BCHS 63 NW Catholic 56 it's a final. Back-to-back CCC championships.

BCHS-2022 CCC champs.jpg

Reaction Score
Was thinking of Clinigan after last nights game how much he could help us against a team like Creighton even if it’s setting hard screens.
Actually, Clingan’s physique looks a lot like Kalkbrenner. I certainly think Clingan can get there with his foot work and stamina.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Super John was a 1st team all-American in college, he averaged over 27 ppg in his two years and had the highest single season scoring average in New Mexico State history.
Only saw him in person once during the state tournament his senior year at Cross. I never saw Murphy in a high school game, but Williamson was scary good for a high school kid.

Reaction Score
Saw the Windsor game a few nights ago and he bent over and picked the ball off the court during warmups with one hand. The ball looked like a grapefruit in his hand. Made it look so simple

Reaction Score
Only saw him in person once during the state tournament his senior year at Cross. I never saw Murphy in a high school game, but Williamson was scary good for a high school kid.
John's numbers would have been crazier with a three point line in HS/CBB as would have Murphy's.. Makes you appreciate their excellence as scorers(at that level) even more

Reaction Score
Saw the Windsor game a few nights ago and he bent over and picked the ball off the court during warmups with one hand. The ball looked like a grapefruit in his hand. Made it look so simple
He's enormous, Northwest Catholic has a 6'9, 6'8, and 6'7 kid and Clingan made them look like pipsqueaks.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
John's numbers would have been crazier with a three point line in HS/CBB as would have Murphy's.. Makes you appreciate their excellence as scorers(at that level) even more
Hard to say. Being a contemporary of the best long range shooter I’ve seen, Wes B, the same is said about his totals. But with a 3 point line I assume they would’ve been guarded differently. Wes often shot from places that typically weren’t covered very closely because they were such low per centage shots. Look at Jerry West and a bunch of other dynamic shooters from before the 3 point line era It’s why records don’t tell the whole story.

Not to digress too much, if Clingan starts hoisting 3 pointers, we are in deep trouble. Only seen him in clips, but he looks really well coordinated with good footwork. Hopefully he’s no Justin Brown.

Reaction Score
Hard to say. Being a contemporary of the best long range shooter I’ve seen, Wes B, the same is said about his totals. But with a 3 point line I assume they would’ve been guarded differently. Wes often shot from places that typically weren’t covered very closely because they were such low per centage shots. Look at Jerry West and a bunch of other dynamic shooters from before the 3 point line era It’s why records don’t tell the whole story.

Not to digress too much, if Clingan starts hoisting 3 pointers, we are in deep trouble. Only seen him in clips, but he looks really well coordinated with good footwork. Hopefully he’s no Justin Brown.
Familiar with Wes B.. HOFer Rick Barry--ABA teammate said he was the best long range shooter he ever saw/played with

Reaction Score

During warmups against Windsor, half the shots he took were from behind the arc.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
During warmups against Windsor, half the shots he took were from behind the arc.
I stand by my statement. Even if he can make them. We better have guards and forwards who are reliable shooters.

Reaction Score
Clingan can shoot from outside?
Yes he can. He made a decent amount of shots during warmups, but it remains to be seen if he can do that at the next level during real game conditions.

Reaction Score
I've seen several BCHS games the last 2 seasons and rarely ever seen Clingan shoot an outside shot (mostly cuz he hasn't needed to since he dominates the paint so much at that level). But he can hit an outside shot. He's a decent shooter and can hit his free throws too.

Reaction Score
Actually, Clingan’s physique looks a lot like Kalkbrenner. I certainly think Clingan can get there with his foot work and stamina.
Clingan looks thicker than Kalkbrenner. Especially his legs. Kalkbrenner is listed at 7-1 and 256 pounds, which is pretty good size. What does Clingan weigh now? I saw on some of the recruiting websites anywhere from 255 to 265. I bet he's bigger than that. Can't imagine what he'll look like after going through a college weight training program.

Reaction Score
Looks like Wilt Chamberlain against CT competition.

Reaction Score

Only 25 #ctbb players in CIAC history have scored 2,000 points. Here is the complete list.

1. Walt Luckett, Kolbe, 2,691
2. Tom Roy, South Windsor, 2,501
3. Anthony Harris, Danbury , 2,491
4. Alex Jensen, Stonington , 2,357
5. Rashamel Jones, Trinity Catholic, 2,301
6. Tyshon Rogers, Crosby, 2,292
7. Matt Curtis, Cheshire, 2,263
8T. Jordan Williams, Torrington, 2,228
8T. Kahlil Dukes, Capital Prep, 2228
10. Phil Lott, Wilby, 2,212
11. Kris Dunn, New London, 2,201
12. Calvin Murphy, Norwalk , 2,192
13. Stepfan Holley, Capital Prep, 2180
14. John Pinone, South Catholic, 2,174
15. DeJuan Ransom, Wilcox Tech, 2, 154
16. Dave Vigeant, Litchfield, 2,149
17. Jerome Malloy, Kennedy, 2,124
18. Frenchy Tomlin, Harding, 2,107
19. John Williamson, Wilbur Cross 2,100
20. Edmund Saunders, Holy Cross, 2,087
21. Sean Tabb, Somers, 2,061
22. Mustapha Heron, Sacred Heart, 2056 (3 seasons)
23. R.J. Evans, NFA, 2,030
24. Dev Ostrowski, East Lyme, 2,012
25. KeAndre Fair, Weaver, 2,005

Looks like Wilt Chamberlain against CT competition.
Except on those turnaround layups DC puts up Wilt would have tomahawked dunk after dunk. Let's hope the right development can help DC get off the ground and be really dominant.

Reaction Score
Except on those turnaround layups DC puts up Wilt would have tomahawked dunk after dunk. Let's hope the right development can help DC get off the ground and be really dominant.
True, Wilt would’ve broken some rims. It will be very interesting to see Clinigan against BE competition next year.

Reaction Score
Excited to see him play at UConn. I’ve watched him play about seven times now. Have to temper our expectations. Looking forward to to see him develop and how Hurley utilizes him.

Reaction Score
Any idea what year he graduated high school? I played against one of the Vigeant's in the state tournament in 84. We beat em in the first round.
I think Dave graduated in 79. Dave had two younger twin brothers that were pretty good but nowhere near as good as Dave.

Reaction Score
Can anyone share the BCHS vs Amistad score and Clingan stats from last night?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom