Donovan Clingan - 59th Bridgeport J.C.C Classic(Borges Tweets) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan - 59th Bridgeport J.C.C Classic(Borges Tweets)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Briefly. It can kill your offensive rebounding. I’m not a fan of centers spending much time outside, and when they do, the forwards/wings need to cover the boards. In short, I don’t think the paint should ever be empty for more than a moment.

You can have both. That is the Villanova way. Move the 4 and 5 out and then find the biggest mismatch physically at the 1, 2 or 3 spot and put them in the paint. Heck, you can even rotate multiple players in and out of the post on the same possession all while your 5 hangs out on the 3 point line.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

A big man who can pass, might be more valuable in college than a big man who can shoot the 3. But if he brings both, things will get very interesting.

Based on that quote from Borges about his offense, I feel like Hurley already has a vision of how he will be used in the offensive system.

I’m excited to see it play out.

Reaction Score
Huh? 3>1 last I checked. If he can hit an open 3 regularly you absolutely move anyone away from the paint.

That’s just my point - can he hit the 3 regularly? Watched him in several games in high school and, like I posted, he rarely ever did that because he could just dominate inside the whole game.

Reaction Score
You want him to be able to, and to take just enough of them that the defense has to come out to play him when he is setting screens. But I don't think it's going to be a major part of his game.
I agree he doesn't need to be taking 5 3PA per game unless he's hitting them at a 35% clip lol. Hunter Dickinson would be a good comp for how he should model his game though. He finished this year taking 2 3PA per game at 33%. I'd take that all day for Clingan. That's good enough to pull an opposing center out and open up the lane for guards to drive.

Reaction Score
Hitting 3s (even on occasion) isn't his game. You don't move a 7'1' kid far away from the paint. He has the ability to shoot FTs and hit a midrange jumper but in high school he only needed to be under the hoop the rest of the time.

Will be interesting to see how DH will utilize him.
Patrick Ewing did but not at GTown. Let him dunk and defend for now.

Reaction Score
Quasi red shirt? Like Sool?
He won't be red shirting but also probably won't be seeing a ton of playing time.

Staying at Bristol Central and doing everything he did is/was an incredible story but it's going to take him to the adjust to the speed of playing division one basketball. He's not going to be ready right away to even be a straight back up for Sanogo. If you're playing a certain way defensively with Sanogo, Clingan as a freshman will not be able to play that way. So for me I don't see how he can just be Sanogo's back up right away. I could be wrong but I think DH and DC probably know he'll have some growing pains as a freshman.

Reaction Score
Armstrong is a MAN. He's going to have a impact at Nova sooner than Clingan will at UConn. The competition in New Jersey is much better than Clingan faces in CT.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom