Doncic | The Boneyard

Doncic

Reaction Score
Doncic is so friggin' special- 36 points, 19 assists, 2 turnovers, and 14 rebounds against the best defense in the league. That lefty through the legs bounce pass to Kleber with under a minute left was absurd.

OldBosd

BBQ Beer Freedom!!!
Reaction Score
Doncic is so friggin' special- 36 points, 19 assists, 2 turnovers, and 14 rebounds against the best defense in the league. That lefty through the legs bounce pass to Kleber with under a minute left was absurd.

wow.

That is an amazing stat line. 19 assists with 2 TO???

Reaction Score
How ticked off must fans of Phoenix and Sacramento be? Deandre Ayton and Marvin Bagley are this decades Sam Bowie. It's amazing how stupid basketball GM's can be. (Yes I thought Doncic should go #1 in 2018, many people did). Always draft the multi skilled passer/playmaker ahead of everyone else. At least Trae Young is a skilled playmaker but Atlanta is looking pretty bad at this point too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How ticked off must fans of Phoenix and Sacramento be? Deandre Ayton and Marvin Bagley are this decades Sam Bowie. It's amazing how stupid basketball GM's can be. (Yes I thought Doncic should go #1 in 2018, many people did). Always draft the multi skilled passer/playmaker ahead of everyone else. At least Trae Young is a skilled playmaker but Atlanta is looking pretty bad at this point too.
I never saw the big deal with Bagley. I think Ayton is still potentially a great player but we`ll see. Either way neither guy most likely will never reach the heights of Doncic who appears to be potential GOAT material.

Reaction Score
I couldn't believe Atlanta traded him.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
His passing is outclassed only by James and Jokic. Kid is special.

Ayton, JJJ, and Young are all damn good but Doncic is in a league of his own for that draft class.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Doncic is not yet 22, the game is easy for him. He has it figured out. It's clear and the league should be scared of what he potentially is going to do. Also, its disingenuous to compare him to Bird. No disrespect to Larry the great, but Doncic has a more well rounded game and the potential to be greater.

Reaction Score
Got the #2 beat out of him too.

Reaction Score

I’m a suns fan. I can’t even imagine him paired with booker. I’m just hoping Ayton can at least develop into the Olajuwon of this comparison.

Reaction Score
He needs to clean up his shot selection(32% from 3 is way too low for a player of his quality), but he has to be one of the 5 best offensive players in the league already.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I get that passing up Doncic was a mistake for anybody that did, but Ayton doesn't deserve comparisons to Bowie. Anyway, taking Oden over Durant might trump them all for dumbest draft day move ever.

Reaction Score
His season this year has been amazing, after a great rookie campaign last year. But it is just that, a small, less than 2 season sample size. It seems silly, and too soon, to anoint him the next coming of Bird or Magic, etc. See where he is at 30 in 9 years and see if he actually continues with this torrid pace for some time. He very well could and he has the tools to do so at 21. But it is kind of silly to go as crazy as some of these writers over at ESPN who act as if he is already a hall of fame player. Tons of great players with 1 or 2 or even 3 or 4 seasons have ended up fizzling out. (Hopefully, he does not).

Clearly he has potential but let's see what happens with time, he is just 21. Why are so many so eager to jump to such drastic conclusions so quick? So focused on the future, can't enjoy the present for what it is. Just enjoy the kids 2nd season and hope his Mavs don't get absolutely smoked and destroyed, again in game 6, like in game 5, but rather, have something closer to his game 4 performance.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom