2022 Recruiting: Donald Hand Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
fast times at ridgemont high mr hand GIF

Reaction Score
The full quote from him on UConn

UConn: “Assistant coach Kevin Freeman texts me like every day. I have a good relationship with him. My dad actually played with him back in high school, so you know he’s like part of the family. Coach Freeman always compares me to James Bouknight, where I can play off the ball and make plays. Really, he likes that I can make plays from the one, two or three.”

Reaction Score
i dont think hurley will go over 13 players this year so we'll need to replace whaley and hopefully polley in 2022. but we might get a reclass or traditional transfer instead of polley...(1-2 open schollys for 2022)

cole and martin might graduate and leave next year or they could both come back...(1-4 open schollys for 2022)

we might get a grad transfer with the third open scholly for 2021 or we might get a reclass or traditional transfer instead...(1-5 open schollys for 2022)

hopefully no one leaves in the portal and i doubt anyone will go pro after next year....but they might.

so anywhere from 1 to 6 or 7 open schollys for 2022??

my head hurts and i hate musical chairs

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Would be great if Hand could be Freeman's first big recruit here. Talented kid
Helps that KFree knows Donald Sr pretty well--Crazier things have happened!

IIRC-KFree considered a family friend of the Hand family.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Love his size and profile. Hadn't heard of him before this. 6'5"-6" and listed as a PG? Hell yes. People keep talking about shooters, what I'd like to see are basketball players. Guys who can shoot, handle the ball, pass the ball, rebound, defend multiple positions, and get to the rim.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Was looking at Hand’s 247 profile and I think they mistakenly linked his Dad’s Twitter to his page, but I did notice that Mr Hand just retweeted something about UConn that was in response to a highlight video of Jr. Make of it what you will but interesting off-season recruiting bread crumb!

Reaction Score
Connecticut: “I really like how they compared me to James Bouknight and being a guy that could break out. I took that and ran with it. He’s about to be a Lottery pick and just thinking I could potentially break out like that is cool.”

Reaction Score
Connecticut: “I really like how they compared me to James Bouknight and being a guy that could break out. I took that and ran with it. He’s about to be a Lottery pick and just thinking I could potentially break out like that is cool.”

Only team he mentions a lottery pick specifically. Bouknight's ascension could do wonders for this program in 2022/2023

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Only team he mentions a lottery pick specifically. Bouknight's ascension could do wonders for this program in 2022/2023
It’ll definitely help but I’ve also read quotes from Hawkins, Floyd, and now Hand all saying the staff has compared them to Bouknight. Feel like it loses a little bit of its luster when you tell every recruit they could be the next Bouknight.

Reaction Score
It’ll definitely help but I’ve also read quotes from Hawkins, Floyd, and now Hand all saying the staff has compared them to Bouknight. Feel like it loses a little bit of its luster when you tell every recruit they could be the next Bouknight.
Well the first 2 committed to UConn, so if saying it often leads to lots of commits but losing its luster I'll have no complaints

Reaction Score

??? That's why putting guys into the NBA helps recruiting. Because you can then tell recruits 'hey that could be you'. Why would you not use that line as much as possible?

Reaction Score
??? That's why putting guys into the NBA helps recruiting. Because you can then tell recruits 'hey that could be you'. Why would you not use that line as much as possible?
Exactly. Especially when he was ranked outside the top 50 recruits by a lot of people. Big difference between bouk and most lottery picks who are 5 star recruits.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
If Bouknight gets picked in the lottery, this helps Uconn recruiting immensely.
Does it make us a big winner, like NC caliber because those new great recruits will stay at least 3 years so their talent matures as the team matures? Seriously. I fail to see how it helps a program when the best players leave before they’ve really helped the program do special things? What those recruits see is you can leave pretty early and get drafted before they do anything to further the program except get more recruits with the talent to do the same. Kinda Kentuckyish. I agree It’s fun watching players like Bouknight. I think It’s even more fun seeing banners raised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom