Donald Brown sighting. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Donald Brown sighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Donald can still succeed in the league. I agree that a change of scene and O philosophy would help. But I also agree with Palatine. He was at his best when he was a bit more lithe. I'd like to see him regain that burst and shiftiness. In any event I would not bet against him having a very good career. Don't give up on Doanald (or Darius) just yet.

Reaction Score
Let's not sugarcoat this one or dream - Donald Brown is a a bust and a half of a first round pick and will likely be out of the NFL in couple years. If he was a third round pick or lower, the Colts would have likely dumped him at this point. He's around because of the initial investment. Everything I've read about him and by simply watching the guy - Indy is basically fed up. You can blame the Oline, but he's also running behind a pass happy offense that should open/spread the field. And like someone else said, other backs do more with with the same assortment. It sucks to say, but DB is a bust. He's another great case of a kid that just didn't translate - that's what separates the good scouts from the bad in the NFL. Because he was a darn good college back.

I really want to disagree with about this, but can't find any evidence to back me up.

The thing that I'll never understand is why the Colts drafted him in the first place. They had Addai, who they drafted as a 1st rounder in 2006. Considering the Colts other needs (especially in hindsight) and the fact that the running game would never be the focus of offense with Manning there, was running back really the #1 priority for them in the draft?

Maybe Brown would be as ineffective if he was drafted by another team. Unfortunately, I don't know if he's going to get another chance in the league after he and the Colts part ways. I think the chances of him having a career rebirth like Priest Holmes in KC are very slim.

Reaction Score
The Pats went from a 3-4 zone scheme to a 4-3 man to try and get pressure on the QB - not working. So if Belichek cut his butt when shifting to a new scheme, it doesn't say much. Darius just doesn't have ball instincts - good athlete, but he was always a shade late on everything. And a shade makes a difference in the NFL. I can confidently say that DBrown will never turn out much in the NFL - some of his showings with the Colts have been laughably bad. I'll agree that he does a nice job of catching the ball out of the backfield, but that is very low on the priority list.

Reaction Score
So first he doesn't play for the Jets and now he isn't that good.

Pay attention Sparky.

In a 16 game season if a RB got 20 carries a game (320 carries) and finished the year with 1300 yds most teams would take that from a RB just out of college. (or out of any RB for that matter)

Greene had a total of 293 carries combined 2009 & 2010 and had 1300 yds.

This year the Jets are sucking from what I can see.

Your turn to spin, sport.

Listen. It's not my fault that you didn't understand what I meant the first time. It's not. Plenty of other people did. I obviously knew he was on the Jets, I was saying that he isn't IMPRESSIVE on the Jets. He's not. I don't think Jets fans would even disagree with me on this. 5TD in 33 games, pure time-share with aging RB, come on. Kid almost never catches the ball. I could deal with being one dimensional if he was running people over like Blount...but he's not. And like I said - it's plain as day that Ryan doesn't entirely trust him.

I do kind of laugh when you act like him being out of college is a hinderance. In today's NFL, those are the guys who get the most yards. RB's break down too fast.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Sometimes you should say nothing at all if all your going to do is complain. We know what your opinion is on this subject....Cutler is not bad, but the weather was horrible for the game.

They never threw the ball at him. Do you think it's because he's the new Revis Island, or because Jay Cutler is awful?

Reaction Score
Listen. It's not my fault that you didn't understand what I meant the first time. It's not. Plenty of other people did. I obviously knew he was on the Jets, I was saying that he isn't IMPRESSIVE on the Jets. He's not. I don't think Jets fans would even disagree with me on this. 5TD in 33 games, pure time-share with aging RB, come on. Kid almost never catches the ball. I could deal with being one dimensional if he was running people over like Blount...but he's not. And like I said - it's plain as day that Ryan doesn't entirely trust him.

I do kind of laugh when you act like him being out of college is a hinderance. In today's NFL, those are the guys who get the most yards. RB's break down too fast.

I gave you the stats and they are impressive. Just because you say they're not doesn't mean they're not. Having 1300 yds total with less than a years worth of total carries is not unimpressive for a back in his first 2 years.

He can only do so much with the carries he got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom