Don Meyer RIP | The Boneyard

Don Meyer RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
One of my friends wa a D1 men's coach for a very small schools and is now a Asst Head Coach at a very prominent school with an excellent HC. He said when he first got his job, Coach Meyer sent him a welcome letter and folder full of his notes. Sounds like a great guy.

Reaction Score
Wow. Absolutely one of the all-time greats in the coaching ranks. He will be missed. RIP, Coach Meyer.

There are coaches that you really want to hear, Hubie Brown, Coach Calhoun, Coach Auriemma, Bob Knight (He has some of the funniest stories), and Coach Krzyzewski, when they are giving a coaching clinic. I never got the chance to attend a Coach Meyer coaching clinic but I bet that it would have been just as enlightening as the other coaches that I mentioned. RIP, Coach Meyer.

Reaction Score
One of my friends wa a D1 men's coach for a very small schools and is now a Asst Head Coach at a very prominent school with an excellent HC. He said when he first got his job, Coach Meyer sent him a welcome letter and folder full of his notes. Sounds like a great guy.

I had the same experience, Meyer is well known in the basketball coaching community, and has several great DVDs on basketball fundamentals. I called to place an order, and he answered........... very helpful, then I got the DVDs along with several flyers with basketball tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom