Don Brown. | The Boneyard

Don Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pasqualoni should have been let go after last season. Don Brown should have been promoted to HC and allowed to hire his own OC.

Fix that terrible mistake.

Don Brown for Head Coach.

Reaction Score
Nice thought but I think he's in his upper 50's...probably need to think younger after this whole fiasco.

Although Nick Saban just turned 60...

Reaction Score
Want people in the stands? Young offensive minded stud..........defense is always there, score points get impact position people because they want to come here and have fun...........

Reaction Score
Want people in the stands? Young offensive minded stud..........defense is always there, score points get impact position people because they want to come here and have fun...........

Anyone else starting to think Hughes may be the key reason the "defense is always there"?? I mean, he has been the one common denominator through the years, right??

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Anyone else starting to think Hughes may be the key reason the "defense is always there"?? I mean, he has been the one common denominator through the years, right??

Nope. He is a solid position coach, but not the reason for long term success.

Reaction Score
Nope. He is a solid position coach, but not the reason for long terms success.

How can you possibly know this?? Are you a former player?? If you are just saying it is a coincidence, that makes absolutely no sense. you are totally underestimating his value. I'd be curious to see what current or former players would say. I think they would totally disagree with you.

Anyone on twitter want to pose the question to thefatwhiteguy?

Reaction Score
Defense is always there? Our defense is putrid this season.

Um, clearly we are talking about more than this year....... Or have you forgotten the last 6+ years? And all the UConn defenders in the NFL?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I want a young, offensive minded coach. Look at the modern landscape of college football. Top programs all have dynamic offensives.

Reaction Score
Um, clearly we are talking about more than this year....... Or have you forgotten the last 6+ years? And all the UConn defenders in the NFL?

That means nothing. The defense will not always be there. The offense tanked after Norries Wilson, did it ever come back? No. The defense tanked after Don Brown left. Will it ever come back? No guarantees. We beat Louisville last year for one reason. We beat the crap out of quite possibly the best QB in the nation.

Reaction Score
Must be an Offensive Stud.

Lets go for an offensive (put points on the board) genius.

Our defense has always been at least, prety good. I'm confident that we can have that continue.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Don Brown is the guy you promote to interim if you fire PP in 2012, then he may or may not be a candidate for the permanent job. Now that he's not on staff anymore, I don't think he's at the top of the list of a national search.

Reaction Score
P took over the defense before MD game.

I thought the D actually played well against Maryland and Michigan - but they had a reason to play in those games. Pasqualoni, is a proficient technician in football. He's an old coach, and we've all witnessed the sad reality in life, that people get old, and times pass them by. It's good he's gone, and he's left a legacy of being one of the losingest coaches in UCONN history.

THe gusy in the program, have a fresh start now, I always talk about the importance of practicing well, and people around here pee pee all over me for harping on such cliché things, but I hope that we are able to put a run together from here on out, and they have the leadership it takes to take the new, positive energy they've all got, and turn it into winning football. It's a bye week, and bye weeks usually suck, because it breaks up the routine, but for now, it's a perfect time to start some new routines in practice.

One of Bill Parcell's favorite cliché's that he would post in locker rooms.

"Don't confuse routine with commitment."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22