Not open for further replies.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Has made an immediate impact on this defense, I love it

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Yeah, but somebody also gets credit for the 12 man on the field fiasco when they quick snapped and scored on the 40 yard run.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I'll take one 12 man mishap if it comes with what else he's shown tonight

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Im very happy with the aggressiveness.

Reaction Score
at least they showed up tonight, i might just watch the defense only no im not expecting our D to be dominant but i like what I see its watchable ill say that, our offense on the other hand drives me to become a violent person

Reaction Score
he also called the blitz that vandy finally ran wide around which ended leading to the winning FG. They will make big plays but also give up big plays. Also plays were not prepared for the hurry up.

Vandy is a terrible offense. Elon outgained them last week. I love aggressive defenses, but you still have to be smart. 2nd and long in that spot, Vandy will be conservative. Its not just Brown, though. there not one single thing that was smart about the uconn team tonight. It was the worst coached and executed game I have seen a uconn team play since getting beaten badly by Navy. Everyone will blame the QB and he is clearly not a college player, but the entire staff has to look in the mirror

I was not an edsall guy at all, but no way he loses that game. he would ahve run the ball into the middle every play and not had four TOs from the QB.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
he also called the blitz that vandy finally ran wide around which ended leading to the winning FG. They will make big plays but also give up big plays. Also plays were not prepared for the hurry up.

Vandy is a terrible offense. Elon outgained them last week. I love aggressive defenses, but you still have to be smart. 2nd and long in that spot, Vandy will be conservative. Its not just Brown, though. there not one single thing that was smart about the uconn team tonight. It was the worst coached and executed game I have seen a uconn team play since getting beaten badly by Navy. Everyone will blame the QB and he is clearly not a college player, but the entire staff has to look in the mirror

I was not an edsall guy at all, but no way he loses that game. he would ahve run the ball into the middle every play and not had four TOs from the QB.

Edsall would have won this game. BUt he was also hopeless against good team. PP can beat top 25 teams and will....

Reaction Score
Edsall would not have won this game because he would not have ran the defense Don Brown ran. This would have been a Temple like loss if Edsall was the coach.

Reaction Score

What game were you watching? The only reason this game was close was because of Don Brown.

Reaction Score
The D was outstanding. But we also could have played Vandy giving them less points and not creating the blitz pick 6.

Up 21-14, the O needed to not take the game out of the defenses hand. That was inexcusable.

Reaction Score
What game were you watching? The only reason this game was close was because of Don Brown.

Uconn is more talented than Vandy at maybe 16 of the 22 positions on offense and defense. All I'm saying is that he didn't have his players ready for the hurry-up and it cost them 7 points and he called a blitz on 2nd and long in a tied game and Vandy finally ran around end for a big gain that led to the GW FG.

The defense was awesome tonight, but aggressive blitzing defenses also give up big plays. Uconn gave up three tonight that directly led to 17 points. Reminder, Vandy go outgained by Elon last week and had two plays over 20 yards in that game.

I am impressed by the adjustments he made halftime. Press coverage, blitzed more on first down played one safety over the top and had the other in the box almost every play...but trying to be a hero on that second down and long call cost them big time. the safety blitz lost. in that situation maybe being conservative was the right thing to do. Of course, given the play of the offense, maybe he felt they needed to create a turnover again. HAving that bad an offesne sometimes make the defnese be irrationally aggressive.
OMG, nothing Uconn did on defnese was as bad as that last Michigan scheme with 30 seconds left versus ND. Wow.

Reaction Score
For the Edsall guys remember we were up a TD with 6 mins to go against Rutgers too and we also gave up a TD and a FG by running on 3rd and 9 then punting. Bad judgement by Johnny but run run run didn't always serve us, they also put an extra man in the box after the first quarter.

Reaction Score
remember we were up a TD with 6 mins to go against Rutgers too and we also gave up a TD and a FG by running on 3rd and 9 then punting.

Which was immediately followed by a big play given up by the more passive defense.

Reaction Score
how the hell do you not stop a play when you actually have more players on the field than the other team... what were those players thinking, if they had an illegal advantage they should have at least capitalized on it.

Reaction Score
For the Edsall guys remember we were up a TD with 6 mins to go against Rutgers too and we also gave up a TD and a FG by running on 3rd and 9 then punting. Bad judgement by Johnny but run run run didn't always serve us, they also put an extra man in the box after the first quarter.

Yes we did. And fans will complain whatever we do if we lose -- no question. That having been said, do you really believe that the odds of Vandy getting an offensive touchdown last night were anywhere near the odds of Rutgers getting an offensive touchdown?

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
We had plenty of games like last night's under Edsall. What I thought Edsall did too much was to take the foot off the pedal on both offense and defense when we had a lead. I don't think Don Brown will ever be guilty of that....

The problem last night is that the offense kept putting the defense in a position to fail. You can't just keep turning the ball over like that and expect the defense to hold forever. I don't care what style of defense you run... if you're a big play defense or a 'bend but not break defense'.... You can't expect a defense to always come up big. You have to get a little help from the offense...

Reaction Score
Yes we did. And fans will complain whatever we do if we lose -- no question. That having been said, do you really believe that the odds of Vandy getting an offensive touchdown last night were anywhere near the odds of Rutgers getting an offensive touchdown?
Good point but they showed later that they can move the ball on us if given enough chances and I'm not sure why they slowed down the tempo, the hurry-up offense screwed us up big. The right call was probably to pass against Rutgers and run against Vandy but what can you do. Coach P went with his gut and Johnny bombed the game.

HuskyFan16, that was baffling, it was all right in front of the UConn section too, we had 3 safeties all looking at the coaches perplexed while Vandy drew up a play in the other direction.

In the end I could not bear the abysmal clock management. This reminded me of Stewart and West Virginia the last couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom