Don Brown and Yale? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Don Brown and Yale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bummer. Congrats to coach Brown. On the bright side maybe our redzone defense will improve.

Reaction Score
Sorry as$hole me didn't read Vikings post,my bad just woke up!

Reaction Score
Time to bring in former UConn coach Steve Spagnuolo (spell check) now that he's unemployed!

In all our dreams... He ain't comin here... Dave Campo would probably end up making the trek from Big D to Storrs, CT since he's not going to be coaching my Cowboys' poorous secondary anymore...

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Nothing like taking two totally unrelated things and trying to connect the dots.

The SEC must be small time because Gus Malzahn left for ARKANSAS STATE.

Don Brown is a New England guy, with Ivy roots, who has a chance to the head guy, within driving distance from his family. This makes a lot of sense for Brown, as much as it sucks for us.

One is an FBS program in the South. The other is a dinosaur FCS program that CANNOT WIN A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

This is not a move made by coordinators in major college football conferences. Or the ACC.

Reaction Score
One is an FBS program in the South. The other is a dinosaur FCS program that CANNOT WIN A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

This is not a move made by coordinators in major college football conferences. Or the ACC.

REALLY?? Then I guess the SEC is NOT a major conference, even though they have the only two teams playing for the national championship tonight. Last time I looked, Auburn was still in the SEC, and won the national title last year, didn't they??

So how did this happen??

AUBURN, Alabama -- Gus Malzahn is stepping down as Auburn's offensive coordinator to return to his home state to become the head coach at Arkansas State.
Malzahn, who made $1.3 million a year at Auburn, is expected to earn around $850,000 a year with his new school, according to people familiar with the hiring.
So he's leaving a coordinator's position to be HC at a significantly less important school AND will be making significantly less money.
Please, do a little research before making idiotic statements!

Reaction Score
The Yale job pays between 95k-350k. Yale is NEC if that or Patriot League level.

Reaction Score
Maybe coach p goes with a little youth at def cord spot.

Reaction Score
On the bright side UConn is really making an impact in Northeastern football. Towson, Yale and Fordham are led by former assistants. Columbia was too.

Reaction Score
This is huge for us...the job was his. I wonder if he got a raise and Yale wouldn't match or pass it.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
YES!!! Gotta keep good talent at home, both players and coaches.

Reaction Score
WOW! I was just trying to find some names for his replacement to see who was available! Hope it's true, I'm looking forward to seeing year 2 in his scheme!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
It's on Twitter, announced by Dez.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Hmm, interesting that he was the frontrunner for the job in 1998 but turned it down then as well to stay HC at UMass. Maybe UMass was a higher profile job........ :)

Glad he's staying on board.

Reaction Score
Welcome back Don,can't wait to hear why he changed his mind.

Reaction Score
Time to bring in former UConn coach Steve Spagnuolo (spell check) now that he's unemployed!
The only problem with this idea is that NFL teams still want him to coach their defenses. But you just never know.

Reaction Score
I was worried about some of the recruits, maybe his name will come up again.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Glad to not lose him; a second season of the same scheme IMO would do wonders for our defensive guys.

Unless of course he still has Sio or Yawin out there trying to cover slot receivers. Then all bets are off...

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I'd love to take credit for shaming him into staying, but I'd be entirely full of .

Reaction Score
I'd love to take credit for shaming him into staying, but I'd be entirely full of ****.

Ahhh ... a new level of Hubris of the Z. YOU shamed him. I would say that Money & Control are issues for a guy at Brown's stage. His family is hugely important because I think that was a big factor in him returning to New England (whatever his reservation was in relating to Edsall). But, we simply cannot know what is going on with a Don Brown when weighing a job like Yale. He is on a big stage ... whether some in our fanbase wants to admit it or not. You can coach against Oklahome ... and maybe Michigan here; at Yale, you are heading to that penultimate rivalry with the Crimson. A game not much of America cares about anymore. And elite athletes versus future Wall Street traders.

Reaction Score
Glad to not lose him; a second season of the same scheme IMO would do wonders for our defensive guys.

Unless of course he still has Sio or Yawin out there trying to cover slot receivers. Then all bets are off...

They are supposed to have help in those schemes. One of the things with this defense is that blown assignments cause big problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom