Don’t sleep on Springs | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Don’t sleep on Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's strong with the ball and will be tougher to bully down low than Johnson or Clingan.

Reaction Score
Confucius said, "A man that sleeps on springs, wakes up with wet pajamas or a sore back."

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
It was largely related to him being not as good as the other people on the team.
ISTR JC saying something along the lines of "If t wasn't for the injury, Rudy's career would have been on another level." But I don't recall anything about it, other than he played in one game his first year, then redshirted.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
ISTR JC saying something along the lines of "If t wasn't for the injury, Rudy's career would have been on another level." But I don't recall anything about it, other than he played in one game his first year, then redshirted.

He fractured his knee cap after the first game of that season. He had a couple of surgeries that year.

He was prone to nagging injuries after that, but he was playing on some loaded teams.

Reaction Score
I'm rooting for Springs. One of the things we are missing is a Whaley type player now that we don't have Whaley. I don't mean a Whaley who eats up major minutes, I mean someone who can rebound, play good defense and knock down a few baskets with some bench minutes.
A big setting screens and picks , generally giving up his body to help win similar to Nolan in 2014 would be a great example and earn him minutes.

Reaction Score
I came to this thread expecting a stream of terrible puns...leaving disappointed

Hope springs eternal for Springs
You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep Springs from coming
Springs: a lovely reminder of how beautiful change can truly be
It’s Springs fever

Ive had enough …

Reaction Score
Springs looked better than Johnson in the small sample size of minutes we've had to compare. Johnson seems to have more upside, particularly for the modern game. As of now though, he looks lost and overpowered on defense. Springs seems a more traditional big, but more ready to contribute.
Yeah but at the same time if Johnson doesn’t see significant minutes this year it certainly won’t help us on the recruiting trail. I’m very happy he didn’t jump ship with the other guys who weren’t seeing minutes last year so I’m assuming he expects some game time. If there isn’t a major gap in skill, as much as I root for Springs, we need those minutes to develop Johnson and show if you’re a top 60 player you’re going to get your opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom