Dominant Performance?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dominant Performance??

Reaction Score
I agree offense with inefficient and at time outright offensive. That being said, somehow they managed a +12 minute TOP advantage. And that wasn't done just by running the play clock down to zero on every play. Add in a 71 to 48 advantage in total offensive plays and even the offensive offense was far superior to Fresno's.

I used the word dominant and put a question mark next to it almost asking and insinuating at the same time that the score made the game look closer than it really was. You throw all the stats from the game in the computer and run that simulation a bunch of times and on almost all of them UConn wins by more than five.
I agree the numbers are the numbers. The O line is coming along very nicely. Remember though that I think there were 4 face mask penalties that sustained dying drives, a PI and a key D forced turnovers. The point being we were not that efficient. The issue I have is it’s really hard to sustain drives and score without chunk plays. They sputter. Any way, it sure beats what we’ve been used to.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
We keep winning key battles in the trenches up front, we got a shot every week.. a legit shot... Let's do it again this weekend OL/DL... We go as you go...
The trenches are very important, no discussion needed. It was good to finally see the backs gain some yardage before 1st contact. Even on the Houston fumble where he was lifted parallel to the ground, he gained about 8 or the credited 12 yards before he was picked up.

Reaction Score
Not a big rules person, but on the Houston fumble why wasn't the play called dead as soon as the three guys picked him off the ground?

Reaction Score
Not a big rules person, but on the Houston fumble why wasn't the play called dead as soon as the three guys picked him off the ground?
He wasn't picked up off of the ground. Ball came out before he hit the ground.

Reaction Score
For those going through all the mistakes Fresno St. made, let's recall how many times we had similar games and lost. It's part of what leads to losses and may reflect better, more disciplined, play by UConn...............or not, but that's how I'm choosing to look at it.

Reaction Score
Saying that someone is better, but made mistakes and lost is an oxymoron. Better teams by definition make less mistakes and less key mistakes than lesser teams, that is why they are better.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Saying that someone is better, but made mistakes and lost is an oxymoron. Better teams by definition make less mistakes and less key mistakes than lesser teams, that is why they are better.
Isn't that why they play the games? 7 times out of 10, FSU wins that game. Just because UConn played better than we all expected doesn't mean they played a perfect game. Both teams made mistakes. Fresno's turned out to be more costly.

Reaction Score
Isn't that why they play the games? 7 times out of 10, FSU wins that game. Just because UConn played better than we all expected doesn't mean they played a perfect game. Both teams made mistakes. Fresno's turned out to be more costly.
It's pure speculation as to how many times FSU would win, that's why they play games, to determine who the better team is. Not making many and costly mistakes in a game and being consistent is what a good team does, Fresno did not do that and UConn did a better job at that, thus aside from the certainty of the score, the amount of costly mistakes also defines that Fresno is not a better team.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We did pretty decent tonite in thd trenches against FIU....Gotta admit it was nice to finally, truly see another FBS team less prepared than us...just sayin

Almost 300 yards rushing. Houston has a 60 yard run, Rosa had a 55 yard run and Millen had the 49 yard run at the end. Pretty nice to thave three runs of that length by three different players.

Reaction Score
FIU is terrible. Our line play was dominant. Good result.
We did what we needed to do (something that was done to us for awhile). I'll take it. Give somebody else that mantle

Reaction Score
Almost 300 yards rushing. Houston has a 60 yard run, Rosa had a 55 yard run and Millen had the 49 yard run at the end. Pretty nice to thave three runs of that length by three different players.
Houston had another 80yd td called back.

Reaction Score
We did pretty decent tonite in thd trenches against FIU....Gotta admit it was nice to finally, truly see another FBS team less prepared than us...just sayin
??

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I agreed. I think it’s another sign we have a good coaching staff. They are improving, even with the injuries.

And that has been the key. The next man up philosophy is cute to preach from the podium at press conferences but by and large, the next man up for the Huskies has played well.

We're down to the fourth and fifth string RB and finished out the game with the 3rd string QB.

Reaction Score
You don't think, before this season, that pretty much the past decade we looked ill prepared? (more so the past 3 seasons that we played)... first time in awhile you can actually see light at the end of the tunnel. Feels good....

Reaction Score
You don't think, before this season, that pretty much the past decade we looked ill prepared? (more so the past 3 seasons that we played)... first time in awhile you can actually see light at the end of the tunnel. Feels good....
Yes misunderstood your post

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom