Dom Amore: True freshman and habitual winner Zion Turner will have to grow up fast as UConn football becomes his show (Courant) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dom Amore: True freshman and habitual winner Zion Turner will have to grow up fast as UConn football becomes his show (Courant)

Reaction Score
It would be great if he played great against the fruit. But he’s only a freshman and was not slated to start. The staff thinks enough of him to have him as the number 2, but were hoping to give him more time.
With this staff and team I believe they will minimize the impact if he’s not ready and not throw him to the wolves like previous staffs. In other words, bring him along at the appropriate pace without necessarily giving any games away.
We have NEVER had a coach nearly as good as MORA. NEVER.
While I essentially agree with you, the mid-60s staff of Rick Forzano, Sam Rutigliano, Lou Holtz, etc. was legendary.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
After losing your starting QB to injury you need someone who is willing to step in and be confident that he can contribute. I strongly feel UConn has that with this young man. He is at an advantage with having HCMora at the helm and offering the guidance from a vast experience level.
You can tell this young man wants to play and play well - its a different game from HS/Prep ball so it will take time and UConn has the time to afford the opportunity.

Reaction Score
As always, I will wait and see what he does on the field.

I suspect they will roll him out often to give him a better view of the field. Last week he rarely threw inside the numbers. And when he did he had two passes batted down. It would be nice to see him do well and I'm rooting for him as I root for every Husky. This is a great opportunity but he will also bear a great responsibility for delivering in a victory.

Reaction Score
I hope he plays great. But teams are rarely better off when the #2 quarterback has to play. Tom Brady is the exception, not the rule.

Reaction Score
I don't believe he really is a number 2 QB, I think that being a true freshman they went with TR because of his playing time at Penn State.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't believe he really is a number 2 QB, I think that being a true freshman they went with TR because of his playing time at Penn State.
More like 1a and 1b. We shall see, but I’m expecting a much improved Turner this weekend for the reasons I talked about above.

Reaction Score

Didn't Millen have to practice against an entire team of P5 players every day when he was at Oregon? C'mon man, that tweet is really grasping at straws.

Let Zion play. Let's see how he does. Let's go from there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom